Satwork 3816 Newbie Question?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
On a Satwork a 37 is around a 77 on most other receivers, its just the way they set them up, if you are sure your dish is BANG ON the satellite and you have the correct skew than thats the maximum signal you will get, only a bigger dish or lower noise LNBF will bring your signal quality up anymore!

Yep... I rescaned and still got the same thing. I will try to find a better satilite. Any one know how many channels we can get with a sat3816.? Getting the signal is a pain, do you guys know how well the signal finder from DMSI works?

The signal finder works great for some satellites and cant be used to find others, as the stronger DBS satellites keep getting in the way! If you can see your TV from the dish then thats the best signal meter out there! Here are the specs for the Satwork 3618.

http://www.dmsiusa.com/satwork_st3618.htm

Holds 3000 channels : )

Satwork 3816 BlindSearch

Just Like Peter and Iceberg said just point your dish to that sat that you want then do a blind seach and once you see that it found a signal stop there and let it finish the scan, then you have your channels.

On my Satwork 3618 I get about 40-50% signal quality (AMC-4) on most channels, but on 3ABN channel it goes up to 90%

PSB I notice that when my channels were at 37 % I change it to manual scan and the signal qual.. was still at 0%? Have you seen that? :confused:

I have seen a few Fox sports feeds on SBS6!

I am not following you gqken, 37%/0% what do you mean?

Ok. ON the 3816 I did a blind seach, move the dish around and found a couple of signals, when it finished with the scan it showed me the channels. When I was watching the channels I hit the info button and it gave me the signal quality 37%. but when I when to the manual search screen should'nt the signal quality bar at the bottom be at least 37% instead of 0%?? Hope I explained correctly? :eek:

gqken,
On AMC-4 there is no Fox Sports channel in the Ku band. There are couple of feeds but they are on 3.980GHz plus they are encrypted. :no

Nasco, I though I saw those channels? My mistake. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts