Status
Please reply by conversation.

fred555

Pub Member
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 18, 2014
77W
It looks like Saudi 2 has gone the way of KTV2 and went all Arabic all the time.
Saudi had some good shows, oh well.

So for 97W Ku I am left with
Press TV
RT
CNC - I get CCTV on 95W, better Chinese News than CNC IMHO, plus the Doc channel
Retro - I get that on a fixed dish on 87W C along with Central and West coast channels.
Revn - Also on 87W

Might be time to rethink my my fixed Ku dish on 97W.
Can't think of another target for it off the top of my head however.
103 W, but I don't really watch NBC or News feeds and have NBC news and Cozi on 105W C.

Last edited:
Yeah time to go through the list of what is in the clear on the arc and see what appeals the most even if only occasionally.
I don't watch much on 97WKu either. If I want to I just swing the dish on the STAB over there.

Wife made ruling and said RT has to stay, to get a different perspective on International news.
99W west would let the wife keep RT and gain NHK.
Folks here say NHK is pretty decent.

I could also possibly eliminate the pizza dish on 95W and do a two lnbf setup on the 90cm, 99W and 95W.
95W should be plenty strong to be 4 degrees off center.
95W is on a pizza dish right now, and never had an issue even in non super heavy rain.

Fred is standing on the fence between a motorized dish and planting more dishes and switches ;) Do I need those channels? He asks. Why do you put up the dish? Because you watch the channels? no, because they are there ;) I succumbed to the motorized side and have it all ;)

I did the best of both worlds. I have a couple dedicated dishes, and motors. :)

Fred is standing on the fence between a motorized dish and planting more dishes and switches

Actually its going to eliminate 1 pizza dish. No plans for a motor. No more switches to be added and I still have one more free spot on a multiswitch for later use.
I pretty set and happy with my setup for the most part

97W is my only dilemma right now. I think the dual lnbf and eliminating one dish is the way I will go.

There is not much else on the arc that I have to have. Im not a news feed seacher. It was a novelty to see a reporter pick her nose at first, but not a must have now at all. I'm more than happy with what I have.
Cant really do motors and multiple TVs. Wife wont allow it. She likes lots of fixed dishes.
She likes watching what she wants on a different TV. Then I get to watch Combat and Rat Patrol on my TV, and we don't have to talk about which sat to move the motor to.

All channels ready to go, at any time.

You just have to build two separate systems....two motors -- two.... :D
Seriously though I think in your case what you want to do is the way to go and eliminate the pizza dish.

Kind of the same situation here. So, she owns the remote for the 52" TV in the front room, a microHD and her own 10' C/Ku band dish. I have my HTPC with microHD shared on another 10' C/Ku dish. That setup has 4 displays. (2 projectors, the 52" TV and my 27" monitor) :)

All channels ready to go, at any time.
This is why I have a mixture. Some channels the wife wants to switch back and forth and watch two show on two birds, at the same time, so....

But I have 4 receivers on 4 Tvs, cant do that.
I could do that and more, but would be limited to watching two different satellites at once. How many channels do you need to watch at one time?
I have done PIP with NFL games on the 52" at times :)

I could do that and more, but would be limited to watching two different satellites at once. How many channels do you need to watch at one time?
I have done PIP with NFL games on the 52" at times :)

Wife and I always watch different channels on two different receivers in two different rooms and a third receiver records in the other den.
A forth in the guest room. So most of the time 3 different channels are needed, and a forth channel if guests stay over.

Most of all the wife and I like to surf channels sometimes separately.

Wife and I always watch different channels on two different receivers in two different rooms and a third receiver records in the other den.
A forth in the guest room. So most of the time 3 different channels are needed, and a forth channel if guests stay over.

Most of all the wife and I like to surf channels sometimes separately.
Yep, you need more TV than me. My wife hates to surf LOL. And she watches primarily OTA locals. But her mom is here every day and they watch Buzzr on 97W all afternoon. She has been watching the COZI lately to catch "The Munsters". She watches more football than me on Sunday though ;)

Reactions: danristheman
a wife that doesnt mind extra dishes? Damn that's a keeper

And she brought a brand new riding lawn mower into the marriage too.
She did not however bring a John boat fishing pole, or motor, I'll keep her anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)