Status
Please reply by conversation.

Elkview

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 12, 2008
Elkview,West Virginia
This satellite is a whole lot better since the newer one was put in place. Are these new channels I'm getting just put on Here or is it because I got a 1.2m dish?

Did you have the 'odd' skew dialled in before SES3 came on station?
It used to be about 24 degrees from 'normal', now it's normal.
Or did you just put a 1.2 on it?

Yeah, curious as to which channels you are referring too?

I had a 90cm on it and got NBC and only occasionally cozi with the skew being different.Now when I scan with the 1.2 I also get NHK and RT. Have they moved over to SES 3?

Now when I scan with the 1.2 I also get NHK and RT. Have they moved over to SES 3?

Those moved over to SES-3 from Galaxy 16 back in October. However, the mux had been duplicated on both satellites until earlier this month, when they were dropped from Galaxy 16.

Reactions: Elkview
Well, I re-scanned and got NBC on 11880 H but nothing on 11760 H. 11940 V comes in good also. Using a TBS 9622SE PCIe card and Kaffeine.

Putting up a motorized 1.2 made a big difference here too over a 1 meter . I got a lot of channels that the 1 meter wasn't pulling in. Still haven't got a pll lnbf yet, Maybe one of these days.

I guess I'll go out and re-align the 90 cm dish tomorrow even though it's forecasted to be below freezing. At least the wind is forecasted to be below 10 mph. I found my manual for the KTI 12 footer and plan to re-align it also.

Reactions: KE4EST
Well, I re-scanned and got NBC on 11880 H but nothing on 11760 H. 11940 V comes in good also. Using a TBS 9622SE PCIe card and Kaffeine.

What would cause 11800 to scan in but nothing on 11760? Not even Cozi. Both 11800 and 11760 have the same polarity and are DVB-S2/8PSK-30000 with FEC 5/6.

When the transponder is manually added to the TP list, will it show a lock and decoding? If so, what is the SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio), if provided by the software?

Do you see the carrier with spectrum analyzer software?

When the transponder is manually added to the TP list, will it show a lock and decoding? If so, what is the SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio), if provided by the software?

Do you see the carrier with spectrum analyzer software?

Well, 11760 scanned in at 68 dB SNR today while 11880 scanned in at 80 SNR. I got the NBC stuff and Cozi but 68 dB isn't very good with all this video breakup going on. I would expect both muxes to be the same signal strength but I could be mistaken.

No spectrum analyzer available.

Not all transponders have the same link budget. The only thing that these transponders have in common is that they are on the same satellite. If you are interested in how a broadcaster determines their link budget, here is a great beginner's primer:
http://www.satcoms.org.uk/satellite/forum/link-budgets-a-beginners-guide_topic630.html

I'll look at this satellite on my system later today when I am back in the office and post up the plots.

Reactions: KE4EST and fred555
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)