save channel settings

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lijunsatguys

Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
I have set up all sats/chs I need now. Can I save it through RS232 cable to my computer? In case next time when the box is messed up, I don't need to do all the scans again?
I have fortec star Lifetime ultra box. Thanks,

gTool

I found a channel editor on fortec star site. Anyone had experience of using it? It won't screw up whatever I had in the box, right? I see the default txt file contains satellites I don't want. The version I downloaded is gTools v1.8.5.851.zip.

BTW, using gTools won't void the warrenty, right?

Thanks,

Well this could be construed as hack talk. Also, making that change will probable void your warranty. I would not recommend you doing so.

There have been a few posts recently about managing the channel/satellite/transponder lists through the serial port... I don't personally see these as hack talk. I know for me this would be very useful to manage all the legal FTA channels, but I have no MS Windows to run it on. Which I'm thankful for :) but occasionally it comes back to bite me...

Upgrading the firmware is closer to hack talk, but that discussion has been allowed. And I think it too should continue to be allowed, as long as we verify that we're talking about legal firmware from legal, reputable sources!

Me, I've adjusted all mychannels, manually entered PIDs when necessary, and arranged them just so to match my TitanTV listings. (2-3 are ABC, 4-5 are Fox, etc.) If I thought I could upgrade my software with the latest Satwork authorized firmware without spending an hour putting everything back the way it was, I'd be a lot more interested in trying the official software upgrade.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)