Say Goodbye to TNTHD Today

Status
Please reply by conversation.
yep, Bills/Broncos HD channel is currently showing it.

oh well, i like football better. can't wait to read all the angry posters.

so, it looks like swann and eric shanks have giant egg on their face. one of these days some of you might pay attention. please, go back and read my statement from robert mercer. it is stickied in the directv hd forum!

What about PPV and the Mix channels? Is the Interactive feature gone for the day Too?,Or is it Just TNTHD this year?

PPV
Mix Channels also

enjoy. Let the bi@# commence

Last edited:
Some of the rumors we are seeing is that channels like ESPN-HD and TNT-HD will be in HD on channels 206 and 245 respectively. Maybe these will be MPEG4 versions and therefore TNT-HD will still be on the air during Sundays, once D10 is up and running. Then anybody who calls in to complain will be encouraged to upgrade to a MPEG4 receiver and new dish.

When this started happening last year I got very upset and was very close to switching to E*. If E*'s 622 DVR had two OTA tuners or if E* offered HD LiL in my market (they still don't now) I would've switched.

Some of the rumors we are seeing is that channels like ESPN-HD and TNT-HD will be in HD on channels 206 and 245 respectively. Maybe these will be MPEG4 versions and therefore TNT-HD will still be on the air during Sundays, once D10 is up and running. Then anybody who calls in to complain will be encouraged to upgrade to a MPEG4 receiver and new dish.

When this started happening last year I got very upset and was very close to switching to E*. If E*'s 622 DVR had two OTA tuners or if E* offered HD LiL in my market (they still don't now) I would've switched.
Well I have Mpeg-4 receivers,So whats the difference,TNTHD and everything listed above is still missing.I think D* Is going to have to move NFL package to MPEG 4,before Mpeg 4 receivers will make any difference to sundays programming issue.

The difference will be if D* puts an MPEG4 verison of TNT-HD on D10 then they won't have to shut it off. They shut TNT-HD off because of a lack of bandwidth on their current satellite fleet. This won't be a problem for anything put on D10.

The difference will be if D* puts an MPEG4 verison of TNT-HD on D10 then they won't have to shut it off. They shut TNT-HD off because of a lack of bandwidth on their current satellite fleet. This won't be a problem for anything put on D10.
Are they going to move PPV to the D10 then too? What about the interactive features? Maybe they should move the NFLST to the new Satellite.And let the customers who don't subscribe to NFL alone,and make the ST subscribers upgrade all of their equipment.

I'm sorry, I have heard all of the reasoning.... but, if anyone really gets upset over this, they just plain need to get a life.

I'm sorry, I have heard all of the reasoning.... but, if anyone really gets upset over this, they just plain need to get a life.

So you don't get mad when you pay for something that is taken away from you. People like you wont care unless it impacts you directly. Why not just take away a few ST games this week instead. You wouldn't be mad if they did that?

What no PPV on a Sunday. That quite frankly is a big problem. If you don't think so,then no one can help you. I can't watch 10 football games at once. IMO no one really can either.

Alright guys I am late to this party! What's going on? I checked on the guide and TNT HD(CH 75) have [continuous] listing from 5:30 PM(1730) EDT through out tomorrow(?). I read NO I am NOT arguing with any of you who are more informed than I am.
Thnx

Last edited:
So who really thought any was going to be different the first week or two of the season??

What's changed since last season?

Nothing. No new lit up birds (yet) Did they pull more bandwidth out their collective back pocket since the end of last season.

Get over it, And wait for more BANDWIDTH to open up. Sheesh.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)