Say Goodbye to TNTHD Today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
So,

let me ask a question or 3,

What's changed since last season?

Any new Satellites lit up yet?

Did D* pull more bandwidth out of their collective back pocket since the end of last season?

Get over it. Wait another 10 days or so so we can move on to what D* will do wrong next!

Sheesh!

So who really thought any was going to be different the first week or two of the season??

Nothing. No new lit up birds (yet) Did they pull more bandwidth out their collective back pocket since the end of last season.

Get over it, And wait for more BANDWIDTH to open up. Sheesh.

Whos to say that it won't be this way the entire season. I really don't care becuase I don't watch TNT but I hate when people think that you should get a life when something that you do like is taken away. They would be the first ones complaining if they were not able to get their football in HD.

i think the point talos is trying to make is that tnt-hd gone during football is no big surprise and this will be the last year of it . trust me if it was reversed people would be bitching that my hd football is gone because of tnt-hd

You forgot interactive channel. All out untill 9 pm.OH well I'll be watching football on E* anyway on the DNS stations.East and West. I made my own NFL pack.

But you won't be watching them in HD now will you;)

So who really thought any was going to be different the first week or two of the season??

Nothing. No new lit up birds (yet) Did they pull more bandwidth out their collective back pocket since the end of last season.

Get over it, And wait for more BANDWIDTH to open up. Sheesh.

It will be like this the entire season. NFL-ST isn't moving to the new satellites this year, neither is TNT-HD or the rest of the current MPEG2 HD channels. So D* still has the same amount of bandwidth to work with this year as they did last year for carrying all the current HD and NLF-ST channels.

Can any one answer why ALL the NFL HD games were 1280 X 720@60Hz? The other HD stations were 1920 X 1080i@60Hz?
Thnx

Last edited:
I would think that if you were watching the FOX feeds they would be 1280x720 since FOX
broadcasts in 720P.

I would think that if you were watching the FOX feeds they would be 1280x720 since FOX
broadcasts in 720P.

Yup,
Fox is 720p and CBS is 1080i.
ABC and ESPN are also 720p channels
That is done at the network level, nothing to do with D*.

jimbo

TNT off for the AFTERNOON

Ok all you TNT HD fans ...

Lets hear what you missed this afternoon that you could not have watched at any other time on TNT.

TNT shows all thier programming thru out the week as well as the weekend.

Mostly old programming generally stretched to fill the screen...
Only HD they really do is LIVE programming.

Everyone bitches about how bad the picture looks thruout the year, but now suddenly they need to see that channel.

Jimbo

and.... it should be noted that this is STILL MPEG2 stuff we are talking about and no new MPEG2 capacity has been added.. So although I understand what the communications guy said about "they shouldn't have to remove, rather they would just shuffle things"; I still think they were all anticipating things being MPEG4 only that are not yet. but that just my interpretations. Its no big deal, and no big shock.

and.... it should be noted that this is STILL MPEG2 stuff we are talking about and no new MPEG2 capacity has been added.. So although I understand what the communications guy said about "they shouldn't have to remove, rather they would just shuffle things"; I still think they were all anticipating things being MPEG4 only that are not yet. but that just my interpretations. Its no big deal, and no big shock.

The installer I had Saturday didn't even know what MPEG2 and 4 were.

Jimbo

Below is a recent statement made by a D* executive:

Eric Shanks, DIRECTV's executive vice president for entertainment, told TVPredictions.com on August 28 that the satcaster would not need to drop an existing HDTV channel from the lineup this year to make room for the Ticket's HD games. "We will do some shuffling to make room, but there will be no dropping of HD channels like last year," he said.

It's obvious the right hand doesn't speak to the left hand. This is yet another example affecting D* credibility and why people are skeptical about what D* says or means. Obviously, he would not have made that statement unless there were a lot of subscriber complaints. There are many people who truly hate TNT, myself included, but my guess is, the majority of subscribers, who don't post here, don't want to lose a channel they are paying for. On that basis, I have to agree with them, regardless of how I feel.

Jimbo said:

Jimbo

Wonder if he dresses himself in the morning and wipes his own butt?

LOL!

"We will do some shuffling to make room, but there will be no dropping of HD channels like last year," he said.

Just commented about that above. You know, things change in a business like this...

Jimbo

So the majority of America doesn't know what they are either?

He doesn't have to know just have to make sure it works.

So the majority of America doesn't know what they are either?

He doesn't have to know just have to make sure it works.

Wonder if he dresses himself in the morning and wipes his own butt?

LOL!

/QUOTE]

I'm sure he/she does. Knowing what Mpeg D* is using doesn't make you any lesser, or greater of a tech.

Hmmm,
I wonder if he/ they have any idea why they are putting in all these new receivers then ??

Just a coincidence, seing most are still good ?

I would think that the INSTALLERS would know, maybe not the CSR's but the installers should.

All the new dishes, (the three LNB 's all went bad at the same time .....)

Jimbo

This is a reply I received from DirecTV Customer Service when I dropped them a line on sunday.

Thank you for letting us know your concern about TNT HD during NFL Sunday Ticket season. I understand how frustrating it is that you're able to get TNT HD because of NFL Sunday Ticket SuperFan games.

As you might already know, in order to provide extra channel capacity for high definition NFL Sunday Ticket SuperFan games, we’ve had to make some temporary changes to our programming. Specifically, we’ve reduced the number of Pay Per View movie choices and taken down select channels, including HDNet on Sundays during game time.

This change will only be for one day a week during the NFL regular season. Regular HD and Pay Per View programming will return on Sundays at 8:30 pm Eastern (6:30 pm Mountain; 5:30 pm Pacific).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts