Scam Phone Call. be carefull

Sharifsm

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2013
Charlotte
Got a phone call asking me to renew my contract and they gave me stuff that was too goo to be true. They said one year contract and asked for my credit card. I asked them to bill me, so they said pay thru some Green dot pp card. Did some research and it was a scam. I did not fall for it. Just making everyone aware.

Got a phone call asking me to renew my contract and they gave me stuff that was too goo to be true. They said one year contract and asked for my credit card. I asked them to bill me, so they said pay thru some Green dot pp card. Did some research and it was a scam. I did not fall for it. Just making everyone aware.

Stating the (hopefully) obvious. Dish isn't going to call and offer a deal that sounds too good to be true. If you are suspicious, ask the person's name and OPID (three numbers/letters, like 1H5 or similar). Tell them you are going to call Dish at 800-333-3474. If they are legit, they will have left their notes on the account.

I can't say you will NEVER get a call from Dish. Our Equipment Verification Team will sometimes call people (threads here talk about it), but again, if you are suspicious, tell them you will call the main number. Someone from that team will have left a note on your account, and a CSR can confirm it from looking at the account notes.

When in doubt, get as much info as possible, and call Dish at the main 800-333-3474 number.

Never give out Credit Card to anyone who calls you..

First rule to remember is to never ever give out Credit Card or Social Number to anyone who calls you.If it really was Dish they have all that information already and dont need to re ask for it..Thanks for the heads up on this scammer..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)