Schedule times for Dr. Dish Televison on Intelsat 3R

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTABman0

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 13, 2006
Lat 39.2°N WV Lo 81.5°W
Anyone know the Schedule times for Dr. Dish Television on Intelsat 3R 43.1° west?
I know at one time (maybe still) they were on Challenger TV in 2007. I have yet to see the program on.

I have a Dr. Dish channel on the Intelsat 3R bird but it always shows No Audio / Video Data.
TP 12049
SR 23687
Polarity Horizontal
V-PID 518
A-PID 772
P-PID 516

Are they using the that transponder still on the 3R Sat on their channel name for broadcasts or they using the Challenger TV channel?

Would like to catch the program on the box once instead of going to their site and watching it on the laptop for once. Thanx for any help.

I check those channels on Intelsat 3R occasionally and have seen no improvements , your guess is as good as mine as to when they will televise Dr. Dish again.

Have you ever thought of sending an e-mail to Dr. Dish to see if they plan on televising via Intel-3R.

I check those channels on Intelsat 3R occasionally and have seen no improvements , your guess is as good as mine as to when they will televise Dr. Dish again..

I have been able to get the east arc for the last couple months due to a height problem I had for three years going into the hobby. Since I can get over to 3R and now Hispasat, I was wondering. I have watched a few of the shows on their web site but was never able to see it on the STB.

Have you ever thought of sending an e-mail to Dr. Dish to see if they plan on televising via Intel-3R.

Well no, but a great idea Jayelem! I will do that! Is not the guy from Dr. Dish a member here on the Satellite Guys? I will email and send him a PM!!

Iceberg you got any input?

In the past Dr Dish was on in the wee hours of the morning ET. I host the internet monitoring server for Challenger Teleport but I haven't checked Dr Dish lately since it came on so late. Maurizio hasn't mentioned anything about it and I haven't conversed with Christian in a year.

In the past Dr Dish was on in the wee hours of the morning ET. I host the internet monitoring server for Challenger Teleport but I haven't checked Dr Dish lately since it came on so late. Maurizio hasn't mentioned anything about it and I haven't conversed with Christian in a year.

ACRADIO,
I guess it is safe to say that it does one come on Challenger anymore also. Is Challenger Teleport the same as Challenger TV?

I will set a PVR on The Dr. Dish Channel this week and let it record for 24 hours each evening and see what we get. I have not heard back from Christian Mass yet so hopefully we get a response soon.

With the time zone difference it would be on early AM for us I guess. You would think if it was still airing someone here would know it. My guess it is not. I will record the Channel this week with a backup receiver to see. I will post if I catch anything. Hopefully we will get the dig from Christian when he checks his email next week and we will find out if we Americans can still see Dr. Dish Television!

You guys find out anything first don't be afraid to post it!

ACRADIO,
I guess it is safe to say that it does one come on Challenger anymore also. Is Challenger Teleport the same as Challenger TV?

I will set a PVR on The Dr. Dish Channel this week and let it record for 24 hours each evening and see what we get. I have not heard back from Christian Mass yet so hopefully we get a response soon.

With the time zone difference it would be on early AM for us I guess. You would think if it was still airing someone here would know it. My guess it is not. I will record the Channel this week with a backup receiver to see. I will post if I catch anything. Hopefully we will get the dig from Christian when he checks his email next week and we will find out if we Americans can still see Dr. Dish Television!

You guys find out anything first don't be afraid to post it!
Yes Challenger TV and the whole MUX is uplinked by Challenger Teleport in Padova Italy at 12050 H 23700. I just sent Maurizio an email, but since it's Sunday and a holiday he may be out and about. I will post when I receive an answer. Here is a couple of pics of some of his dishes...

Attachments

• DISH.JPG
    DISH.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 219
  • DISH-2.JPG
    DISH-2.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 189
ACRadio your dish farm is fabulous!!!:up:up:up
I can't do that in the city.
Bob

I heard from Maurizio and he says that Dr. Dish isn't on right now but the way he talked it would be back on soon.

Great fast responses AC! Thanks for inquiring about it for me!

Dish farm looks great! If you got time and want to, post some pictures of inside with Your equipment! Would be great to see!

Thanx again, I guess well will just have to wait for Dr. Dish to return!

Ahh it's nothing special...quite compact actually. We live in a very small house so there isn't much room for a lot of stuff. That's why I sold most of my ham radio gear and only have one radio...there just wasn't room. Here are the receivers and please look over the mess and the dust. My wife gets onto me sometimes for not keeping stuff dusted... :) The other pic is a quick shot of the 42" LG which is tuned to the US Open HD feed up on AMC 6 using a TT S2-3200 in the HTPC.

Attachments

• IMG_4333s.jpg
    IMG_4333s.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_4336s.jpg
    IMG_4336s.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 187
Here are the receivers and please look over the mess and the dust. My wife gets onto me sometimes for not keeping stuff dusted... :)

My stuff is dusty sometimes too! My wife say's the same! Great pictures!! Good to see another XM Skyfi 1! I think I am the only one here in WV that owns one! I got a Skyfi 2 also but still use the 1 in my wife's Mini van! Thanks for posting your setup!

Last edited:
Yea I've been with XM for quite a while...I have to have my talk radio fix! I take this one between the house and my truck, and my wife has a Roady II in her car.

Got a response from Christian from DR.DISH today via email!

Dear Kevin,

we are currently discussing the matter with Challenger TV. Until now the quality of video and audio was too low, since Challenger uses a very narrow bandwidth. We hope to be back during the next 2 months. Meanwhile just subscribe to our free of charge online magazine " DrDish-Magazine" or watch the show via our Internet TV at DrDish Television - Your Free-To-Air TV Channel for Home Entertainment via Satellite.

Regards,

Christian

Yea I've been with XM for quite a while...I have to have my talk radio fix! I take this one between the house and my truck, and my wife has a Roady II in her car.

I have had mine since they came out with the the Skyfi 1! It has stood the test of time and still working strong! My kids have a Roady, they love theirs! Great pictures, again thanks for the post and reply on the Dr. Dish question!

Very appreciated!!

Kevin

I have just received notice that Intelsat 3R is about to be put into an inclined orbit, and no spare is scheduled for the 43W slot. The Italian MUX that used to broadcast Dr. Dish will be leaving. Challenger Teleport, who is the uplinker of this MUX, has not as of yet found a substitute satellite. I will update this post as information becomes available.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)