Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?

Tech question:

What 'kind of bugs" are there that could be causing this issue?

Back haul?
Up link?
Modulation?
(i am pulling terms out of my a**)

Anyone versed in this broadcast science that could speculate for a purely academic discussion?

Heck, again, it doesn't HAVE to be technical. It COULD just as easily be contractual, but of just such a nature that Dish thought it would be worked out quickly enough that they chose to leave the stations uplinked.

Or, E* could just be playing with us...."nobody buys HD PPV anyway, let's throw up something interesting and watch the guys on the web dance". :D

=NLK=

Any word on USA-HD and SCI-FI HD when its going to be turned on?

Last edited:
No updates to report at this time.

Again Dish is losing money by having these two channels up there but not using them, so something happened. They would not have dropped revenue generating PPV service just to have the space sit there empty.

Do these PPV channels (the HD particularly) really generate a lot of revenue for E* or are they truly taking up premium real estate space that could be better used for more national HD channels to satisfy clearly hungry customers (at least in this conversation)?

Why does Spike tv have 2 channels up on ch.168 and ch.9395? It says Spike V on ch.9395 but is showing the same programming as on ch.168. Thank you for any replies

If Dish waits a entire month to add these, they are on crack.

I'm a E* tech and these two are the most requested HD channels out there. Come Jan. Monday Night RAW goes HD, that is the most watched weekly program on cable TV.

If Dish doesn't have it, they are dumber than a box of rocks.

Ok...its early Friday morning...I have not turned on my HDTV yet...can someone peek for me?

I feel like Dish is a sadistic Santa Clause...

that will force the receiver to download the program guide.

You can see new channels without running the check switch; they show up in the guide as soon as Dish makes the channels available. Often, though, when they add new channels, the guide has program data for only an hour or two, then you see "Info not available" or whatever. Then you'd run the check switch to get the rest of the guide data.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts