Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?

Yeah, what is with Spike v on 9395 showing the same thing that's on 168?

I thought it may have been a special thing for the Video Game Awards last week. Channel 9395 popped up just before the awards, and Dish had a special interactive channel that went along with the awards broadcast. Interactive features included a video game you could play, award winner updates, and cheat codes.

I'll be seeing it soon. I'm moving to Comcast. They already have USA-HD and are starting to add SciFI-HD.

With Comcast, you'll get Sci-Fi with such realism, you'lll think you're actually living those nightmarish scenes. In fact, you will be. It's a "program" called "Comcast's Customer Service". Available 24/7, 365 days a year. :D

All,

just want to share some info I got from Dish Tech Support.

I had to call them on different issue and also mentioned that I'm aware that Sci-Fi HD and USA HD were added couple weeks ago, but they not active yet and asked if she has any info on them.
The answer was - that they still testing them and it could take couple more weeks until they will be active. Also, she mentioned, that Dish is working on adding more HD channels and that should happen in month or two - no details on how many or what channels it gonna be.

I wonder if it was the same one that told me last week that Dish will have more hd before the end of the year and just after the New Year.:)

I wonder if it was the same one that told me last week that Dish will have more hd before the end of the year and just after the New Year.:)

Another CSR might say "HD? I have never heard of it. And neither have you. Thank you for calling" *click*

All,

just want to share some info I got from Dish Tech Support.

I had to call them on different issue and also mentioned that I'm aware that Sci-Fi HD and USA HD were added couple weeks ago, but they not active yet and asked if she has any info on them.
The answer was - that they still testing them and it could take couple more weeks until they will be active. Also, she mentioned, that Dish is working on adding more HD channels and that should happen in month or two - no details on how many or what channels it gonna be.

I hope that is true, but could be that CSRs are being "ordered" to say that.

Sorta like when you call Dish now and they answer "Thank you for calling Dish Network, the leader in HD and DVR."

Sorta like when you call Dish now and they answer "Thank you for calling Dish Network, the leader in HD and DVR."

Oh, I love that. I have to stifle a laugh every time I hear that. Someone at corp thought "Hey, D* is skunking us in HD offerings. Why can we do to combat them? I know! Have our CSRs say that we're the 'Leader in HD and DVR' and that will fool people into thinking we have more than D*!" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I noticed this weekend that their TV ads now say "Best in HD". That could be taken multiple ways. They probably want you to think they are "the best provider of HD" but I think what it really means is "our channels look best in HD (as opposed to our SD channels)".

Surprising that none of the CS or tech support people have asked "so just exactly HOW do you know that those channels have been uplinked?" That isn't something that the average subscriber would have any way of knowing.

What are you talking about. THEY don't know what uplinked means :)!!!

Geez, stop treating us like we is retawds

Everyoneofus knows that "uplinked" is when you flipover them sausage links so they cook evenly.

Duh, we isn't stewpid!:D

Another CSR might say "HD? I have never heard of it. And neither have you. Thank you for calling" *click*

exactly...had one tell me there WILL be new HD by years end....another told me a few days later "I have no information on new HD"

Yeah a lady at the cancellation dept. argued this point with me...after i asked about all the channels Direct has that we don't...one by one...she said "no we dont have those channels"...I said "well...they do"....i got the generic "how can i help you sir".....even had one brag to me that we will be getting TBS and History HD soon.....3 weeks after we already had them...and you wonder why the CSR turnover rate is 80%

What? They don't say "You're one of our best customers" anymore. I'm not calling them again. :(

I called Dish the other day to complain about the lack of new HD and gave them the same type of lecture I would give my 12 year old child and guess what, they gave me $20.00 off my next bill. So that will make me happy for another month then I will call them again!
29.gif

I called Dish the other day to complain about the lack of new HD and gave them the same type of lecture I would give my 12 year old child and guess what, they gave me $20.00 off my next bill. So that will make me happy for another month then I will call them again!
29.gif

lol...i tried that again and they told me i already have a bunch of rebates all ready...which is true...never hurts to get more...heh heh heeeeh:devil:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)