Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?

I would question whether HD-PPV channels are "viable sources of revenue". Until I see proof otherwise, I would say there are very few people that order HD-PPV's.
Just my experience, before HD PPV, I couldn't remember the last time I ordered a PPV. But now I've recorded about 10 HD PPV in the last 6 weeks and so far have purchased and watched 4 of them, with the rest sitting on my HR20 waiting for me to purchase and watch. (Yes, I have D* and not E*, but I thought my experience was ubiquitous enough to post in an E* thread and specifically as a response to this post. I'm NOT trying to start any fight or anything.)

Just my experience, before HD PPV, I couldn't remember the last time I ordered a PPV. But now I've recorded about 10 HD PPV in the last 6 weeks and so far have purchased and watched 4 of them, with the rest sitting on my HR20 waiting for me to purchase and watch. (Yes, I have D* and not E*, but I thought my experience was ubiquitous enough to post in an E* thread and specifically as a response to this post. I'm NOT trying to start any fight or anything.)

I wonder how often people form Dish or Direct will be ordering ppv hd or otherwise if it does hold true that ppv will be erased from your hard drive within 24-48 hrs after placing a order.

Friday?

Boy will this be weird. Starting new services on a Friday. At work we were going to start our new automation system on our main system on the 1st till we figure not a good day since it is a Friday. Neither the Chief Engineer or myself as the Manager of Operations thaought that was a good idea so we are waiting until the 6th or 7th. the following wed or thur.

I wonder how often people form Dish or Direct will be ordering ppv hd or otherwise if it does hold true that ppv will be erased from your hard drive within 24-48 hrs after placing a order.
That certainly would alter my HD PPV recording habits. I have been recording them overnight on whatever night of the week. If the 24-48 hour rumor is true (which I don't believe), then I'd wait till an hour or two before I was ready to watch before recording it.

And honestly I could see myself recording less. Now a PPV will stay on my HR20 for about 30 days before expiring. That gives me a lot of time to decide if I really want to buy it and watch it. Now, I just record it and decide later if I want to buy it. That would change if I only had 24-48 hours to buy and watch it.

Wrong month. Its on April 1st.

Since it's april 1st now, I just wanted to say that DISH is THE HD Leader!

now that all the fools jokes are over we can return to speculation on how many years it will take for DISH to catch Direct in HD quality and quantity.

Tomorrow.. Wednesday, January 30th.. I now know it!

The voices are telling me. I can hear them. It's the voices!

They say USA-HD and SciFi-HD will be there tomorrow afternoon. The voices told me so! It must be true.

:D

I would hope so, this is getting ridiculous... every time I check "Engadget HD" a new market is adding Sci Fi channel, among other HD channels. Although most of these are just catching up it makes Dish less and less of any kind of leader in the HD market and less of a reason for anyone to choose them over someone else (for HD content at least...). *sigh*

Stupid roofers....

VIP222 - Separate Coax Runs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)