Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?

It was uplinked just to try to stop people from jumping ship. How long do they think people will wait? I've been waiting a year (since it was uplinked) for my local RSN-HD, I'm going to Comcast as my commitment is up. Put me down as no longer "Dishlover".

It was uplinked just to try to stop people from jumping ship.

I kinda doubt that. The vast majority of their subs don't even know about the uplinks. So they uplink two popular channels, with no intention of making them available yet taking up valuable bandwidth on one of their primary sats, to stop the 10 of us on this board who said we'd jump ship? Yeah, right. :D

I kinda doubt that. The vast majority of their subs don't even know about the uplinks. So they uplink two popular channels, with no intention of making them available yet taking up valuable bandwidth on one of their primary sats, to stop the 10 of us on this board who said we'd jump ship? Yeah, right. :D
Well, if they didn't actually uplink content and merely put the entries in the tables, why not? Changing the tables shouldn't cost anything. Now I really don't believe that this is the case, but it's not that crazy of an idea.

By the looks of this thread there are more than 10 that want SciFi HD. And I would go on record (which doesnt mean anything to anyone:D) to say if Dish Network doesnt hurry up and get it on, or at least give us a timetable, consider the ship jumped!!!!!

I'm waiting. I may go back to D* if it doesn't go online by the time I get my TV.

I'm waiting. I may go back to D* if it doesn't go online by the time I get my TV. Hopefully this coming Feb.
The thing is I left D* to go to E* because I couldn't get good reception from D* where I live. Lot's of trees. It would rain or get cloudy and I'd lose the feed. Of course that was 4 years ago and D* might have more Sat's up and I might get better reception from them now. Who knows. Also Dish is cheaper than Direct. I'll go with whoever has Sci-Fi HD and then whoever has the best PQ.

...and D* might have more Sat's up and I might get better reception from them now. Who knows.
If you previously had problems receiving D*, and you know it resulted from line-of-sight problems and not equipment malfunction or installation problems, you're probably not going to do any better. D* is now using Ka band satellites for much of their HD content, which have a lower tolerance for LOS problems. More sats, yep. Easier to receive, nope.

I think we had to be a much happier people before all this technology!

yea we are in an instant gratification society. up until a month or so ago dish had something like 4 times more hd. now direct has sci fi first(and granted a lot more) but now so many of you are pissing and moaning about switching.

My advice to people is to switch or learn to be patient.
Most of the content that direct has on "hd" is probably hat stretch-o-vision crap that tnt and tbs has anyway.

How dare you guys complain, we have 75 national HD channels! :rolleyes:

oh yeah i forgot...we should be grateful...lol....yeah right, WHERES MY SCIFI HD CHARLIE!?!?!:hungry:

My advice to people is to switch or learn to be patient.
Most of the content that direct has on "hd" is probably hat stretch-o-vision crap that tnt and tbs has anyway.
nah more fun to bitch and complain:D

There is NO dought that there are THOUSANDS of us that do not normally join forums or communicate our wishes and have quietly watched this forum concerning Sci-Fi HD. I was directed to this forum by a co-worker who knows I like Sci-Fi. Dish would be wise not to disappoint. Now if I could only talk my own company into HD (NASA)......

There is NO dought that there are THOUSANDS of us that do not normally join forums or communicate our wishes and have quietly watched this forum concerning Sci-Fi HD. I was directed to this forum by a co-worker who knows I like Sci-Fi. Dish would be wise not to disappoint. Now if I could only talk my own company into HD (NASA)......

yeah i figured they would have been HD a while ago.

Indeed. And :welcome to satelliteguys.us! Glad to have you!

To every season churn, churn...

I think I will be looking at "D" if there is no Scfi-Fi HD by the New Year.

I'm waiting. I may go back to D* if it doesn't go online by the time I get my TV. Hopefully this coming Feb.
The thing is I left D* to go to E* because I couldn't get good reception from D* where I live. Lot's of trees. It would rain or get cloudy and I'd lose the feed. Of course that was 4 years ago and D* might have more Sat's up and I might get better reception from them now. Who knows. Also Dish is cheaper than Direct. I'll go with whoever has Sci-Fi HD and then whoever has the best PQ.

Let me get this straight.... You switched to Dish, and now, due to the lack of SciFi HD might switch back to Direct, and it won't be until February before you even have a TV capable of watching it?!?! Wouldn't it make sense to at least wait until then? Doesn't it seem sort of wasteful to keep switching back and forth? Or did I completely misread your post?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)