Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?

Fair enough, but who knows if that is even an issue here?

One way is in the sense, IIRC, that requiring the baseball channel in standard cable packages was a hangup in negotiations for awhile. So NBC/Universal requiring all 4 channels up front could be causing similar problems. Personally think all 4 would be a good idea to have. But as Confucius say, the devil is in the details.

I hope they go up. I wonder if the hold up is negotiations, My friend owns and runs a cable system and says NBC/U is requiring BravoHD and MSNBC HD be added with USA HD and SciFI HD for any carriers that are wanting them. You supposedly can't split the bundle up or only pick and choose what you want.

My bad, it is CNBC not MSNBC that they want the cable company to bundle with SciFI ,USA, and Bravo HD.

NBC/U has the Olympics this summer. They want MSOs to carry the HD feeds suite. The games will be on CNBC+, BravoHD, UniversalHD, and USA-HD. As well as Telemundo.

Dudley

Fine, either they put the Olympics in HD on UHD or I watch them on NBC...

BTW Comcast has UniversalHD and USA-HD without MSNBC-HD and BravoHD.
Of course their DVR's are a piece of **** for $17 a month....

Yeah...and shame on the MLB...which there is a solution for. :eek: :cool:

Last edited:
For what it's worth (not much I suppose) the CSR this week said the Sci-Fi Hd channel would begin in February. I probably should have asked if she means this year. (lol)

And people are normally disappointed on Wednesday.

It goes beyond that today.

I know non-wrestling fans don't care, but with WWE Raw going High Def on Monday, I am pissed off that I can't watch it. I just re-upped for another 18 months in early November, too. It just makes me livid.

It goes beyond that today.

I know non-wrestling fans don't care, but with WWE Raw going High Def on Monday, I am pissed off that I can't watch it. I just re-upped for another 18 months in early November, too. It just makes me livid.

Ditto.

This is precisely why I have not bought an HD set yet. Why go through the headache of having an expensive HD set and then not have the programming that you want? So many people on this board and others refuse to watch SD programming because SD looks horrible on an HD set. BUT SD look fine on an SD set. And there is a lot of good programming that is not in HD. So considering that the majority of programming is still in SD, why go through the heartache? I am not sweating the fact that WWE is not going to be in HD for Dish subs before the desired time. WWE will look just fine on my SD 32" set. So right now, I'm not going to pay more money for more stress and disappointment of wanting more HD. Once all channels go to true HD, then I'll buy an HD set and I bet by then they will be a lot cheaper.

I'm not criticizing those who do have HD and don't have the programming that they want. I am just stating that this is why I haven't jumped into the HD boat yet.

This is precisely why I have not bought an HD set yet. Why go through the headache of having an expensive HD set and then not have the programming that you want? So many people on this board and others refuse to watch SD programming because SD looks horrible on an HD set. BUT SD look fine on an SD set. And there is a lot of good programming that is not in HD. So considering that the majority of programming is still in SD, why go through the heartache? I am not sweating the fact that WWE is not going to be in HD for Dish subs before the desired time. WWE will look just fine on my SD 32" set. So right now, I'm not going to pay more money for more stress and disappointment of wanting more HD. Once all channels go to true HD, then I'll buy an HD set and I bet by then they will be a lot cheaper.

I can't help myself.:eek:
when something new comes out in HT equipment I have to have it.
Hell I bought my first HDTV (36" RCA/Proscan CRT) back in 2001 when there was very little HD programming and I don't regret it one bit.:)

Stupid roofers....

VIP222 - Separate Coax Runs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts