Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?

I hope they go up. I wonder if the hold up is negotiations, My friend owns and runs a cable system and says NBC/U is requiring BravoHD and MSNBC HD be added with USA HD and SciFI HD for any carriers that are wanting them. You supposedly can't split the bundle up or only pick and choose what you want.

Well that certainly sounds plausible (one of many plausible scenarios) but does MSNBC-HD even EXIST?

Funny if they're requiring Charlie to carry a channel that doesn't exist yet.

The company begins its HD launches with 11 local markets including: Austin, TX;
Baltimore; Cleveland; Columbia, S.C.; Flint, Mich.; Greenville, S.C.;
Huntsville, Ala.; Jackson, Miss.; Knoxville, Tenn.; Orlando, Fla.; and Richmond, Va.

It seems to me to be brilliant marketing to provide this service to the number 2 and 3 cities in Tennessee and not in Memphis, the largest market in the state.:mad:

Well that certainly sounds plausible (one of many plausible scenarios) but does MSNBC-HD even EXIST?

Funny if they're requiring Charlie to carry a channel that doesn't exist yet.
It doesn't need to exist. The deal just would say

"...and MSNBC HD from day one, whenever that turns out to be."

It doesn't need to exist. The deal just would say

"...and MSNBC HD from day one, whenever that turns out to be."

Well, I suppose that's possible, but I find it hard to believe a contract with that kind of wording would be enforceable (not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, however).

It COULD be that they are trying to make Charlie commit to a certain timeframe for MSNBC-HD or even just BravoHD and he doesn't want to because he doesn' t know if he'll have the capacity.

Sounds as good as any theory I've heard.

Well, I suppose that's possible, but I find it hard to believe a contract with that kind of wording would be enforceable

Little different, I think, to MLB requiring their still non existent baseball channel be carried in their extra innings contracts. But I'm not a lawyer either so who knows what the wording was on that deal.

Little different, I think, to MLB requiring their still non existent baseball channel be carried in their extra innings contracts. But I'm not a lawyer either so who knows what the wording was on that deal.

Fair enough, but who knows if that is even an issue here?

All we're doing is speculating anyway.

I am surprised people were playing the "wait for Wednesday" game this week. If they were going to put up new channels today, don't you think they would have mentioned them at the press conference?

Just seems logical to me. But then again, Dish isn't always logical when it comes to marketing. :)

Now the Wednesday could happen in Feb. :)

They only have one more Wednesday until Raw goes High Def, and WWE will make sure that Dish customers know they are the only ones who do not have WWEHD available.

I hope you are right, though. I hope it is sooner than later.

Is DirecTV carrying MSNBC-HD, or have they announced it? Bravo HD seems like a natural choice, and I would appreciate it as well. My wife watches a lot of Law and Order. If I walk in the room, she will either be watching Law and Order, a soap opera, or a home improvement/house flipper show.

That reminds me... how long until we see DIY HD? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)