Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?

Tyralak

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 21, 2003
Secure, Undisclosed Location
soon
–adverb, -er, -est.

1. within a short period after this or that time, event, etc.: We shall know soon after he calls.

2. before long; in the near future; at an early date: Let's leave soon.

3. promptly or quickly: He came as soon as he could.

4. readily or willingly: I would as soon walk as ride.

5. early in a period of time; before the time specified is much advanced: soon at night; soon in the evening.

6. Obsolete. immediately; at once; forthwith.

So, essentially, it could be any time or not at all.

You forgot 7. Echostar vernacular. Before the heat death of the universe.

The Ray

Jul 17, 2007
They did say on the last Charlie Chat that we'd be "definitely" getting it before the NEXT Charlie Chat. When's that supposed to be, and what are the odds that they cancel it?

medievil

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 2, 2008
I was wrong, I was wrong.................. I was wrong :eek:

To tell you the Truth, I'm a little shock at how little dishnet cares about their HD customers.

They have your money, thats all they care about....heck some of the SD channesl are so bad you can't even watch them, but dish still compresses more and adds more channels...
In all honesty, the local cable has better PQ than dish does...just not as many channels..although... everythign I watch is ON it....

8bitbytes

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
NoVA
They have your money, thats all they care about....heck some of the SD channesl are so bad you can't even watch them, but dish still compresses more and adds more channels...
In all honesty, the local cable has better PQ than dish does...just not as many channels..although... everythign I watch is ON it....
Do you even have Dish and if you do, WHY?

medievil

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 2, 2008
Do you even have Dish and if you do, WHY?

Yup.. cause they told me 5 moths ago when I signed up that sci-fi HD was coming in the next month... cost to much to cancel now...
and whats your point?? nothign I said was untrue.. I'd say the same thing abo9ut Dtv as well..instead of offer quality, they focus on quantity at the sacrifice of PQ...thats why I am only interested in the HD channels...had Dish lived up to the PROMISE I was made at sign up..I'd have no complaints cause everythign I watch , they'd have in HD.

The cable comparison was simply from my SEEING the difference at my dads... SD on cable blows Dish AND dtv out of the water

medievil

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 2, 2008
I'd pay my way out of anything that pained me as much as Dish pains you.

You are not me...
And yes, that was my point... SD is terrible...they could make it better, but that would involve getting rid of channels 90% of subs prolly don't even know exist...

8bitbytes

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
NoVA
You have helped point out to other potential new Dish subs one very important note that is true about many items and services, not just Dish:

Don't buy or pay for anything with a verbal promise that a desired feature will be added in the future. You are destined to be disappointed.

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
Hey, guess what I just found!

Looking around on my external archives, an entire season of Stargate Atlantis (SD) I haven't seen yet.

I vaguely remember recording and archiving them, in the hopes I wouldn't have to watch them because SciFi would be in HD "soon." Well that didn't happen yet did it?

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
Same here

Looking around on my external archives, an entire season of Stargate Atlantis (SD) I haven't seen yet.

I vaguely remember recording and archiving them, in the hopes I wouldn't have to watch them because SciFi would be in HD "soon." Well that didn't happen yet did it?

I did exactly the same thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)