Scientific Atlanta 9000 2.8m Cband - Bolt pattern for base?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

inthefrey

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2014
United States
I was wondering if anyone had access to older Scientific Atlanta antenna manuals - specifically the SA 9000. This was the old 2.8m CBAND antenna that most all radio stations had out in their antenna yards.

I found this thread over at Engineering Radio forum. Someone had recently upgraded this antenna to a Prodelin. This is what I need to do but, the mount is on a roof and I do not have the option of filling the old can with concrete. I need to create a new plate based on the old bolt pattern with a 6" pipe in the middle.
http://www.engineeringradio.us/blog/2013/06/mounting-a-new-satellite-dish/

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance!

inthefrey (John)

As requested.

Attachments

• Scientific Atlanta Series 9000 Earth Station Antenna 2.8 Meter Reflector Assembly [33N031A].pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 309
  • Scientific Atlanta Series 9000 Earth Station Antenna Feed Assembly [33N032B].pdf
    6.5 MB · Views: 304
Reactions: martin-f
Hi plenty of options but a easy way would be to drill 4/6/8 holes onto the old can and use nuts and bolts to hold the new kingpost simple but effective, if you have access to a welder weld nuts on the outside of the old can, if not you will need a nut on the inside of the old can as well as outside.
Capture.PNG

Edit looking at this thread its well over a year old i presume the OP has it sorted now.

Last edited:
Yes, I was looking last night and thinking the same thing. He should have it going now. :)

Reactions: martin-f
Status
Please reply by conversation.