Scientific Atlanta 9000 2.8m Cband - Bolt pattern for base?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

inthefrey

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2014
United States
I was wondering if anyone had access to older Scientific Atlanta antenna manuals - specifically the SA 9000. This was the old 2.8m CBAND antenna that most all radio stations had out in their antenna yards.

I found this thread over at Engineering Radio forum. Someone had recently upgraded this antenna to a Prodelin. This is what I need to do but, the mount is on a roof and I do not have the option of filling the old can with concrete. I need to create a new plate based on the old bolt pattern with a 6" pipe in the middle.
http://www.engineeringradio.us/blog/2013/06/mounting-a-new-satellite-dish/

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance!

inthefrey (John)

As requested.

Attachments

• Scientific Atlanta Series 9000 Earth Station Antenna 2.8 Meter Reflector Assembly [33N031A].pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 319
  • Scientific Atlanta Series 9000 Earth Station Antenna Feed Assembly [33N032B].pdf
    6.5 MB · Views: 317
Reactions: martin-f
Hi plenty of options but a easy way would be to drill 4/6/8 holes onto the old can and use nuts and bolts to hold the new kingpost simple but effective, if you have access to a welder weld nuts on the outside of the old can, if not you will need a nut on the inside of the old can as well as outside.
Capture.PNG

Edit looking at this thread its well over a year old i presume the OP has it sorted now.

Last edited:
Yes, I was looking last night and thinking the same thing. He should have it going now. :)

Reactions: martin-f
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts