SciFi channel HD??

It is great. I don't understand the D* trolls though. Is it really so important that people who don't have D* know how much HD there is on SciFi HD that the same D* troll posts have to be written a hundred times?

It's only important to get the word out to correct the E* fanboys that make statements of fact that there is no Sci-Fi HD channel, that it's nothing more then a SD channel upconverted with no HD content. Just trying to keep the facts straight so people know the truth.

I'd say a single post detailing what was seen on SciFi HD is sufficient. Even one post shouting "WRONG" is trolling. Writing it over and over shows this has nothing to do with discussion and everything to do with ego.

I'd say a single post detailing what was seen on SciFi HD is sufficient. Even one post shouting "WRONG" is trolling. Writing it over and over shows this has nothing to do with discussion and everything to do with ego.

It was done to point out the members that were saying in no uncertain terms that there was no Sci-Fi HD channel, some even after being presented some evidence that there was a transponder for it. What's wrong with calling people out that are posting false information?

Is it yet EQUAL to the number of people saying there was NO HD on the channel?

I don't think so. This is the FIFTEENTH page of this thread.

It was done to point out the members that were saying in no uncertain terms that there was no Sci-Fi HD channel, some even after being presented some evidence that there was a transponder for it. What's wrong with calling people out that are posting false information?

A single post is all that is needed. Believe it or not, people can read posts not addressed to them. The multiple postings, the ALL CAPS, the large font, and the inability to understand there is a "war-zone" forum for such childishness, points to noting more than a troll.

Is it yet EQUAL to the number of people saying there was NO HD on the channel?

I don't think so. This is the FIFTEENTH page of this thread.

I'd say there is a huge difference between multiple people stating similar opinions, no matter how wrong they may be, and one person posting the same post over and over in the wrong forum.

I'd say there is a huge difference between multiple people stating similar opinions, no matter how wrong they may be, and one person posting the same post over and over in the wrong forum.

No worries mate - but you are now posting the same thing over and over yourself. :)

It's kinda what happens in ALL of these threads when you are tyring to make a point - so lighten up a little if you don't mind.

No worries mate - but you are now posting the same thing over and over yourself. :)

It's kinda what happens in ALL of these threads when you are tyring to make a point - so lighten up a little if you don't mind.

Well, I am maintaining a consistent position in a discussion. If I were just posting "RAD IS A TROLL" to everyone I could think of, I would be a troll too.

How bout Sci-Fi is being rebroadcast at a higher bitrate on Direct TV than on Dish... But they currently have no HD material.

I am taking video of a Sunday Picknick with a 15 year old RCA VHS Camcorder and I am broadcasting it at a high bitrate accross SCI-FI HD, so that makes my recording HD.

NOT !!!!

Same thing with the non HD content they are showing !

As a point of FACT - you are WRONG.
Up to just a few hours ago, there was no notable HD content.

That has changed this morning according to an acquaintance of mine. Until that time, my acquaintance was contemplating firebombing NBC Universal. I told him not to blame Sci-Fi for being pressured into going live prematurely because D* was dying for exclusive HD content; ready or not.

Nice spin Harsh, they were up for how long before getting to some HD content. Those comments by sprintcar and the like made it sound like Lies...all lies. Obviously there is some crow to be had at the table tonight.

Possibly I haven't read the entire thread carefully enough but has anyone suggested that timing is the cause of most all the kvetching here?

If I was making an HD channel I wouldn't wait until 90% of the material I bought was HD before I wanted somebody to carry it. Series and movie purchases occur on a continuing basis so I would be adding *And Paying For* HD content before I had anybody could see it. And why would I do that?

Wouldn't it be a better idea to float the idea with cable and sat providers and see what interest there was and then announce a launch date that lets the increased revenues begin so I'd have the money to buy HD content?

And if I was a cable/sat provider wouldn't I be interested on getting the channel on the air so it would generate buzz? I would have found out during negotiations how much content was coming and would make the channel owner guarantee it with refunds due me if HD program debuts were late or missed.

And as a viewer seeing the channel added, wouldn't that guarantee that at the first second of the first HD show premier I'd be able to see it? And if I wasn't charged for the new HD channel in the first place wouldn't I be a happy camper?

Isn't this they way these thing ought to work?

I'm just asking.

Battlestar kicks the pants off of any current sci-fi show out there, actually... And I wouldn't really classify Heroes as sci-fi. Its camp superhero stuff--which is what I mean by "respecting the genre"... science fiction is about the human condition and reading forward-thinking trends and possibilities into often allegorical explorations of such.
You've clearly never seen Heroes...

Its not scifi, its real life. Didn't you know? Now back on track before I fly over there and split your head open while reading your mind after you stab me and I heal, then my alter ego comes out and opens a can of woop ass on you, then I get away by walking through walls then through time all while getting money out of the atm with my touch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)