Scored some Viewsat 9000HD stb's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Those pics are all Turbo 8PSK modules of diff kinds, not, the "real" original factory module. I have d/l a few pics that I got off a friend, hope this helps............

Attachments

• 136.JPG
    136.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 224
  • 141.JPG
    141.JPG
    345.9 KB · Views: 220
  • 140.JPG
    140.JPG
    228.1 KB · Views: 238
pback, thanks for the correction, I wasn't sure but was hoping, now that I look closer, I see the dual holes in the rear panel and that module would fit the glove correctly. I just wish I could find one of those factory modules to make at least one of these stb's complete for true FTA. :)

I am under the impression that Turbo QPSK encoding is useless for seeing anything other than ITC/FTE Dish Network.

If this is not so, please set me straight.

I am under the impression that Turbo QPSK encoding is useless for seeing anything other than ITC/FTE Dish Network.

If this is not so, please set me straight.

guapoharry, I've always thought the same and have been told that. But the specs and description I posted for the first module I thought was the factory board, it lists FTA feeds that make me wonder unless they did it as a cover-up.

BTW, I believe your statement also includes 8psk besides Qpsk for Turbo modules. The manual says MPEG2 & MPEG4 but it is an old edition of the first version receiver and it doesn't specify with or without the tuner board. So I'm guessing that all of the VS9KHD stb's had a tuner board installed but were replaced with a Turbo for hacking. My version 2 stb's show signs (scratches) in the paint where the two connectors fit in the rear panel yet the installed Turbo board has only one connector, so this tells me that it had the factory board installed at one time.

I just finished reinstalling the first 8psk board I posted (not the illuminati) and will be testing it this afternoon.

IIRC Fox occasionally uses turbo QPSK for some occasional feeds. Trouble is finding them to begin with. Without a blind scan box that can look for them, your SOL to confirm the STB is able, let alone the tuner hardware.

IIRC Fox occasionally uses turbo QPSK for some occasional feeds. Trouble is finding them to begin with. Without a blind scan box that can look for them, your SOL to confirm the STB is able, let alone the tuner hardware.

My stb has found 2 TP's during a blind scan but I don't recall which sat it was, I think it was the 91W C-band. these 2 TP's were tagged as TURBO8, the blind scan found a total of 31 TP's, and the blind scan appears to work better on some sats with the Turbo option turned off.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts