Scott, Any news on GolTV & E*?

No, what I keep saying is it shouldn't matter to you what anyone else does. If people are "rational" or not or "emotional" or not when they vent, why does it matter to you. You are so hellbent on "correcting" people that you miss the tenor of these threads. People are venting their frustrations and for a number of reasons Dish (perhaps unfairly) is the easier target to vent against on these threads, full stop. "Correcting" people in this context is an unnecessary provocation.

First, you keep saying "does" when you mean "says", as if there is no difference.

Second, the top of the page does NOT say:

SatelliteGuys - America's Emotional Therapy Opportunity

( It says "SatelliteGuys - America'a Satellite Information Source )

Last edited:

1 - The petition is totally biased in favor of GolTV's position. It fails to mention that GolTV got its start because Dish Network added it before anyone else was interested.

2 - Do you know of even one case where some big entity (government or corporation) has said "Gee, many people have appeared to sign a petition at this web site that is easily gamed (i.e. duplicate signatures), so I am going to change my previously carefully considered position and do what they want."

3 - Am I the only one who would be embarassed about signing a petition for more TV next to all the petitions to release political prisoners, or stop ethnic genocide?

4 - Is there a need for a petition when you can just call your local DirecTV dealer ? No one is being deprived of GolTV, if they want it.

1 - The petition is totally biased in favor of GolTV's position. It fails to mention that GolTV got its start because Dish Network added it before anyone else was interested.

2 - Do you know of even one case where some big entity (government or corporation) has said "Gee, many people have appeared to sign a petition at this web site that is easily gamed (i.e. duplicate signatures), so I am going to change my previously carefully considered position and do what they want."

3 - Am I the only one who would be embarassed about signing a petition for more TV next to all the petitions to release political prisoners, or stop ethnic genocide?

4 - Is there a need for a petition when you can just call your local DirecTV dealer ? No one is being deprived of GolTV, if they want it.

Who is number 44 on the petition????

Are you Charlie's nephew or something? Why are you even bothering to defend their decision so vehemently? Even if you don't watch soccer you would figure that more channels/choices are better. Hell, you can't even prove your main argument (that there would have been no gol tv without dish) as it is completely subjective.

Being a big futebol fans I have to be on E* side if I look at things you don't want to sign a longterm contract that you have to pay more per sub, when in 1 years time they will have less exclusive content on Goltv.

LaLiga will not be on Goltv come next tv contract time (summer 2009, ESPn is front runner) and the only way it gets back on E* is to lower there asking price.

Don't worry FSC will face they same fate when ESPN gets the EPL in 2 years time also frontrunner. The EPL is even showning ESPN how they can make money by selling the rest of the other 8 matches (Sentanta and maybe FSC) if they keep 2 big matches per week one on Saturday and the other on Sunday.

Is our friend from the play by play on WorldsportHD still there, or does he have a new gig with some other company doing the english play by play for LaLiga? I asking because while watching a P2P stream online I heard his voice this weekend.

Are you Charlie's nephew or something? Why are you even bothering to defend their decision so vehemently? Even if you don't watch soccer you would figure that more channels/choices are better. Hell, you can't even prove your main argument (that there would have been no gol tv without dish) as it is completely subjective.

The fact that you say " their decision " shows that you are biased in favor of GolTV's position.

Dish decided to not accept GolTV's last offer and GolTV decided to not accept Dish's last offer.

To some of you, if your ice cream cone falls to the ground, that is Charlie's fault. I suppose Hurrican Gustav is also Charlie's fault. :rolleyes:

Because everyone attacks Dish and no one attacks GolTV, you think "that I defend Dish". That is wrong - in actuality, I attack nonsense. I defend no one. Billionaires can defend thsemselves.

The fact that you say " their decision " shows that you are biased in favor of GolTV's position.

Dish decided to not accept GolTV's last offer and GolTV decided to not accept Dish's last offer.

To some of you, if your ice cream cone falls to the ground, that is Charlie's fault. I suppose Hurrican Gustav is also Charlie's fault. :rolleyes:

Because everyone attacks Dish and no one attacks GolTV, you think "that I defend Dish". That is wrong - in actuality, I attack nonsense. I defend no one. Billionaires can defend thsemselves.

Well Gustav is Charlie fault. It those damn Dish that made gustov happen:hungry:

I do blame Dish from the big portuguese futebol matches not being on SPT on E* this season, because of their security, they have put the big 6 matches on PPV with another provider same has Setanta Pub PPV.

The bars and resturants and even homes were stealing the signal and thats the reason the SPT channel gave, to get them to buy the matches.

Well, what else can you expect from a company that is becoming increasingly infamous for its' history of carriage disputes with programmers?

According to an article in the spanish newspaper MARCA, MEDIAPRO just introduce GOLTV to televised a lot of soccer leagues in Europe. MEDIAPRO has LA LIGA international rights, so MEDIAPRO will use GOLTV in Europe and GOLTV will have LA LIGA rights in the US as long as MEDIAPRO controls those international rights....

According to an article in the spanish newspaper MARCA, MEDIAPRO just introduce GOLTV to televised a lot of soccer leagues in Europe. MEDIAPRO has LA LIGA international rights, so MEDIAPRO will use GOLTV in Europe and GOLTV will have LA LIGA rights in the US as long as MEDIAPRO controls those international rights....

This is not the same as GolTV. This is a new channel launched in Spain by MediaPro to air matches, domestic and foreign, for which MediaPro has the rights. I don't know what the international copyright laws are but maybe there is a difference between GolTV and Gol TV (with a space).

Hi all,

this is my first post, although I've been reading the forums here @ SatelliteGuys for a long time.

I'm a big soccer fan and specially I love La Liga, the Spanish Soccer League and European soccer in general.

This is my perspective of this issue,
despite whoever is right here, Dish or GolTV, I think Dish is still making a bad decision, they are dropping Goltv that is a well-watched channel in the latino community. I don't have any real statistics to support this but I can say that ALL the latino subscribers I know watch GolTV, and I know more than 1 or 2. It might not be enough to move away from Dish but then, it might be a big deal for some.

I think for Dish would have made more sense to wait for next season (it doesn't even have to be the end of next year, this season ends in May/June 2008) and then if the Spanish Soccer La Liga's rights were bought by ESPN (or other than GolTV as the rumor says) they would have much more power to deal against GolTV.
Now it's going to be hard to get back all the subscriber that they lose because of this, especially if they move to Directv, because the latino packages are esentially the same.

In my case, I gave Dish a chance to put GolTV back but they failed to do so, at the end of the day I don't care who's right or wrong, I just want to watch GolTV, the Spanish Soccer League and the exclusive programming they offer. Since there are other providers that gives me GolTV plus the same programming I already have I choose to move away from Dish and take my monthly $100++ to a different place. If Dish got to offer something jucier when my new contract expires they may get me back (depending of DirecTV's retention policy, cause DishNetwork retention policy is non-existent).

Ahh... and I didn't mention that I almost moved away when they removed the VOOM channels... I only stayed with Dish because nobody else was offering them... removing GolTV was the last drop.

Last,
I want to mention that I moved to Dish because they were the first to offer GolTV and ESPN deportes, I applauded that move back then, but I'm dissapointed now for all the channels they're dropping.

Cheers.
= P =

This is my perspective of this issue,
despite whoever is right here, Dish or GolTV, I think Dish is still making a bad decision, they are dropping Goltv that is a well-watched channel in the latino community. I don't have any real statistics to support this but I can say that ALL the latino subscribers I know watch GolTV, and I know more than 1 or 2. It might not be enough to move away from Dish but then, it might be a big deal for some.

I think for Dish would have made more sense to wait for next season (it doesn't even have to be the end of next year, this season ends in May/June 2008) and then if the Spanish Soccer La Liga's rights were bought by ESPN (or other than GolTV as the rumor says) they would have much more power to deal against GolTV.

You say " I don't know who is right or wrong" and then say who is wrong. :rolleyes:

You probably are not considering:

- If GolTV's negotiators gave Dish Network the option to renew for one year on the same terms as before, they should be fired immediately. I'm sure they did not give Dish that option.

- I'm sure Dish would have renewed GolTV, if GolTV had agreed to drop the channel from AT250 and only keep it in Dish Latino.

All you people can say is "I want I want" and have no clue about business.

Shortsighted

- I'm sure Dish would have renewed GolTV, if GolTV had agreed to drop the channel from AT250 and only keep it in Dish Latino.

If this were to be the case, I think it would have been shortsighted. Not everyone who follows soccer in this country---and that would include the leagues that GOL TV carries, such as La Liga and the Bundesliga---speak primarily or exclusively Spanish. GOL TV is one network with a split audio feed (English and Spanish).

Well...With no resolution on the horizon between GOLTV and DISH I've canceled DISH and moved to Direct TV. I have my install tomorrow and am actually getting a greatly reduced price during the promo period plus an extra HD DVR.

I don't know if the pitch will be any greener with D* but there will definitely be more pitches to see. Add one to the 25K Charlie has lost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)