SCOTT!! Good Idea Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

lurch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
Buffalo,New york
You should put in big black letters on the home page that the 811 doesnt come with a DVI cable . Ive seen like a thousand people ask that.!

The list of things that don't come with the 811 would be too long to do that.

Lets see it don't come with a DVI Cable, Firewire outputs, a Dolby Digital Output Cable, a kitchen sink, etc.. :)

It was generous of Dish to include a component cable - use it until you can get your DVI.

Cheep peeps that complain about Dish not doing "this" and not including "that" are a hoot.

Having said that, I am a little miffed that my new 811 didn't come with a 70" Pioneer Elite HDTV attached! The absolute nerve of Charlie! :D

What the hell good is an 811 without an HDTV???

I don't have DVI on my HDTV, but isn't there different size DVI ports on the TV's? One tv may have a DVI connecter while another may anther size DVI connecter.

Is this the case of am I mistaken?

I know when I got my ATI All In WOnder 7500 card and a flatscreen monitor I purchased the wrong DVI cable and needed to get a different type.

There is only one "size" but three flavors of DVI. DVI-D (The one the 811 requires)Digital, DVI-A, which is what most computers use, Analog. And DVI-I which incorporates both A and D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts