Scott's DirecTV Diary Comments

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't think the monopoles come with the dish itself, at least they didn't come with mine, you need to get those seprately. While you can get it working without them eventually it will drift out of alignment due to wind.

I don't know how the single dishes are packed, I get them in three different boxes, lnb's, Az/El mounts, and the dish, they also come with a really cheap jumper, 90% of the time the ends are shorted out,

Looking at his pics, I don't think he has any support arms, the KA/KU dish needs to have 2 support arms like the superdish has for a tripod style mount, its a big dish

I don't think they are packaged with the dish, although they probably should be (and why do they call them monopoles instead of support arms or struts?) The definitely are needed.

Looking at his pics, I don't think he has any support arms, the KA/KU dish needs to have 2 support arms like the superdish has for a tripod style mount, its a big dish
I did not come with any. If its an issue I will order some. :)

Just got back from a nice breakfast and getting lag bolts.

I am going to move my Dish Network Dish higher on the wall and place the DirecTV Dish where the Dish Network Dish was. :)

I did not come with any. If its an issue I will order some. :)

Just got back from a nice breakfast and getting lag bolts.

I am going to move my Dish Network Dish higher on the wall and place the DirecTV Dish where the Dish Network Dish was. :)

Scott - after you are done, please post a picture of your dish garden. Then lets make plans for you to come over to my house and help me put up a DISH dish.

My Assistant

scott, is flash helping you with the install?

My little guy is a great help when doing home projects. Calms things down when the project starts to go bad.

Attachments

• OSCAR 3.jpg
    OSCAR 3.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 150
The Slimline dish looks like it has a much higher WAF than the original Ka/Ku dish DirecTV had. :up I gather the mounting post is a larger diameter than the normal 18/20" dishes, correct?

ive got a 10 foot sch40 pole sunk 5 feet in the ground with about 130 lbs of concrete around it for my phase 3, itd be a bitch to get that thing out of the ground, anyone know if there is a way to mound this slimline on that, i really like the slimline it does have good waf and hopefully sometime this century they will be doing the mpeg4 locals or even some more national hd in my area.

Wife
Approval
Factor
Thank Charper,
At this point, I don't need a WAF rating, no W.
However I have a friend that may as well be a wife !!!

She always tells me her opinion .... and she's maried to boot !!!
(Her and her husband are good friends)

Jimbo

ive got a 10 foot sch40 pole sunk 5 feet in the ground with about 130 lbs of concrete around it for my phase 3, itd be a bitch to get that thing out of the ground, anyone know if there is a way to mound this slimline on that, i really like the slimline it does have good waf and hopefully sometime this century they will be doing the mpeg4 locals or even some more national hd in my area.

If it's sturdy enough (it sounds like it), there are adapters available http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_dis...rl, although you could probably make you own.

I agree. Control centre pic! I'm surprised the wife allows that! :D

Do you know what month this is??? It's Scott's Birthday month. And guess what he wanted for his birthday???? DIRECTTV. He has it bad huh? That is the ONLY reason I allowed another dish in addition to all the ones we have.

Hint to the fellas worried about the WAF. Install in line with a holiday, Bday, fathers day, etc. And wife will have a harder time saying no.

There are 3 HDTVs in my bedroom as well as at least 5 receivers for assorted things, I really don't know how many because I only use my Dish622.

Hey PG...

Have you checked on your husband lately? He's been quite for a few hours. Hopefully he didn't fall off the ladder!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)