Screen going black more and more often

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Steve_in_FL

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
Central Florida
My problem is as the title says but to be specific, it's mainly when watching a recorded show and it's over I hit stop so I can then delete it. That's when the screen will go totally black for about 3 seconds, almost every time.

Also, it goes black for a several seconds when changing channels and switching tuners with double play. Longer than it ever did before.

My equipment is an HR44-700 with C31-700 clients. My signal levels are always about 95 to 99.
Software is 0x987 updated 12/16/14

This happens consistently on 2 Vizio's and 1 Samsung, all connect via HDMI. One of the Vizio TV's is connect direct to the HR44 via HDMI and does the same as the C31 connected TV's.

I have done power off resets but not RBR or double RBR as of yet. This has been getting worse since about 2 months ago.

Is my HR44 dying ? Any suggestions of what I should try ?

Thanks for any help and advice,

Steve

My problem is as the title says but to be specific, it's mainly when watching a recorded show and it's over I hit stop so I can then delete it. That's when the screen will go totally black for about 3 seconds, almost every time.

Also, it goes black for a several seconds when changing channels and switching tuners with double play. Longer than it ever did before.

My equipment is an HR44-700 with C31-700 clients. My signal levels are always about 95 to 99.
Software is 0x987 updated 12/16/14

This happens consistently on 2 Vizio's and 1 Samsung, all connect via HDMI. One of the Vizio TV's is connect direct to the HR44 via HDMI and does the same as the C31 connected TV's.

I have done power off resets but not RBR or double RBR as of yet. This has been getting worse since about 2 months ago.

Is my HR44 dying ? Any suggestions of what I should try ?

Thanks for any help and advice,

Steve
probably switching resolutions and your tv's are slow to react. Try turning off Native and unchecking all but 1080i and 1080p as your resolutions, then change the channel a few times. Should help.

Reactions: raoul5788
Right, I did notice native is set to on and I think I did set other resolutions.

I'll try that and post back. Thanks very much !

Status
Please reply by conversation.