Scripps affected customers I Got free OTA adapter and antenna

I asked about the free OTA adapter and antenna and was rudely told no
I can't help with the free OTA adapter, but if you want the free amplified indoor antenna, I offered to send mine to anyone here who wants it:
The one Dish sent me was a white mudflap model from Winegard. It is amplified, so it includes a USB adapter for plugging it into a power outlet, but not the one for plugging it into a Dish receiver. That adapter is separate. If anyone wants my free antenna, just send me your address in a private message, and I'll send it to you. It did not work well for me, since I live too far from the stations to get a reliable signal that way.

Which model OTA antenna are they mounting to the dish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine looks like this, but it's not mounted on the dish mast:

outdoor--antenna.jpg

Reactions: DJ Lon and TheKrell
I'm am one of those affected by the Scripps dispute. I decided to chat up Dish and asked what they were offering for those affected. The guy initially offered a $5 credit. I said I would prefer an OTA adapter and antenna for no charge. His response was "sure!" and he set it up for me.

If your affected give it a try.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Seems like this should be available to anyone paying for locals and not getting them.every year the same thing with one channel or the other. Gets pretty frustrating for long time customers

It doesn't hurt to ask again. This time, try the Loyalty Department phone number: 1-888-496-1260

I was told that the primary factor in getting a free OTA is proximity to the towers. If Dish doesn’t think you can get a reliable enough signal, no free install for you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told that the primary factor in getting a free OTA is proximity to the towers. If Dish doesn’t think you can get a reliable enough signal, no free install for you!!
Of course, they say this during a local channel dispute, when Dish is not delivering the signal at all. Any signal is better than no signal. I love irony!

When I got my free rooftop antenna (back in 2006) Dish told me no the first time, also. Fortunately, I read an article that said that at the time, Directv was offering $150 to Dish customers who switch to Directv. So, I called Dish back, and asked them to either give me the free OTA antenna and free installation, or match Directv's offer and give me a credit of $150 to keep me as a customer. At that point, Dish happily agreed to install the antenna for me. So, it always helps if you are actually willing to cancel your service, and walk away from Dish if they do not give you the deal that you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)