SDR - Software Defined Radio

voomvoom

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 18, 2004
Lizella, Georgia Republic
I have questions, hope someone can help?
I have one of these devices, and I got it for my (one of) enigma2 receiver
Trying to use it with the satdreamgr6 (not the NA project) image on an sf4008
The plugin is pre installed with the image, but I'm getting nowhere with it
I get a sound, but it's an annoying whistling, and it does that on all modulations
Do I need to install other drivers to get it to work?
Can someone point me in the right direction please?
It would be much appreciated..!!!

The above being said, I also have downloaded the recommended software for use on WIN7,
It had a driver problem, that I couldn't overcome, however.....
I loaded the software for WIN10 and it went smoothly, so I have the Dongle working great on WIN10,
Not that I know how to use it...??? Very ignorant here..!!!
Been listenng to AM local radio, FM local radio, Weather local radio, Air radio (pilots & towers), and
Short Wave. It would be really cool to get it working on my sf4008..!!!

Any help would really be appreciated..!!
Thanks..!!!!

Al

I have questions, hope someone can help?
I have one of these devices, and I got it for my (one of) enigma2 receiver
Trying to use it with the satdreamgr6 (not the NA project) image on an sf4008
The plugin is pre installed with the image, but I'm getting nowhere with it
I get a sound, but it's an annoying whistling, and it does that on all modulations
Do I need to install other drivers to get it to work?
Can someone point me in the right direction please?
It would be much appreciated..!!!

The above being said, I also have downloaded the recommended software for use on WIN7,
It had a driver problem, that I couldn't overcome, however.....
I loaded the software for WIN10 and it went smoothly, so I have the Dongle working great on WIN10,
Not that I know how to use it...??? Very ignorant here..!!!
Been listenng to AM local radio, FM local radio, Weather local radio, Air radio (pilots & towers), and
Short Wave. It would be really cool to get it working on my sf4008..!!!

Any help would really be appreciated..!!
Thanks..!!!!

Al

What sort of antenna are you using with it?

What is the tuner dongle chipset? RTL2832U?

If so, Install the Enigma2 Plugin, plug in the RTL-SDR dongle, reboot, start the Enigma2 Radio plugin and that is all.

If a setting needs adjusting, press Menu from inside the plugin for gain, sampling etc. "Enable Direct Sampling" setting should be set to "Disabled". Press Green "Save" then Exit the plugin and start the Enigma2 plugin again to operate with new settings applied.

If you still are having problems, press the Blue button to display the Log, screen capture with WebIF or digital camera and share the image with us.

Reactions: primestar31
What is the tuner dongle chipset? RTL2832U?

If so, Install the Enigma2 Plugin, plug in the RTL-SDR dongle, reboot, start the Enigma2 Radio plugin and that is all.

If a setting needs adjusting, press Menu from inside the plugin for gain, sampling etc. "Enable Direct Sampling" setting should be set to "Disabled". Press Green "Save" then Exit the plugin and start the Enigma2 plugin again to operate with new settings applied.

If you still are having problems, press the Blue button to display the Log, screen capture with WebIF or digital camera and share the image with us.
Thanks Brian, still ignorant here!!!
First I copied your instructions and printed them VERY LARGE
I use the same monitor so I had to leave SatGuys for a short period, to get to the device in question.
Still was not working, so I took time and looked for the plugin, to make sure it was loaded
On the plugin page it's called Enigma2 Radio, looks like it's loaded to me?
Looking in plugins download folder, it wasn't there so it must be loaded?
Still not getting the plugin to work? So, I look in the Remove plugins folder
I don't see Enigma2 Radio anywhere, but there is a plugin called sdradio (or something like that)
I go back and it still does not work? I go through the different modulations and still only hear the annoying whistling noise?
As it was on the FM modulation, I clicked OK......
BOOM..... I got sound..!!!
I guess I never clicked on OK before???
Thanks a MILLION Brian..!!!!!!
Even though it appears to be my own ignorance, I probably wouldn't have figure it out without your help..!!!!
Thanks..!!!!

Al

Reactions: Titanium
Great that you have it working!

The SDR radio plug in by McElliot has developed the latest version now called Enigma2 Radio that adds additional modulations (NFM, LSB, USB, AM, etc.) and expanded settings. This latest plugin version is preloaded The North American Project image and I believe also with SatDreamGR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts