SeaLaunch Current Mission: Directv 11 Launch

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a noob question. How long, based on past launches, after the launch of D11 does it generally take for the sat to be operational and beaming new programming to D* customers?
Directv10 launched on 7/7/2007 and new programming did not start until late Sep-07 (around 80 days). Since Directv11 is starting at the equator, it should take less time. My guess is 45-60 days.

:)

Directv10 launched on 7/7/2007 and new programming did not start until late Sep-07 (around 80 days). Since Directv11 is starting at the equator, it should take less time. My guess is 45-60 days.

:)

Remember that there was issues with some of the spot beams that caused a delay. Also, there was some billing setup issues with D*'s billing system that delayed things an additional week. Without those two issues, D10 would've been active closer to 60 days.

Yup in on picture it was lying down and you saw some guy feeding it this huge "blue pill" and in the next picture its standing up at full attention.

Isn't science AMAZING? :D :D

I am sure they will.

I am still waiting for Paula to update the Sea-Launch website. It was funny she go word of go while she was communicating with me. Talk about good timing. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)