Seals Entertainment to launch new subchannel

zeebre12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
new york
4 new subchannels in little more than a week a new subchannel from Seals Entertainment called Rocky TV which will focus on animals and the people who love them. At least this is a new genre of channel and isnt reruns of old series. Are we going to get a saturation of subchannels soon with all these new launches? There were barely any in the last year. I'd like if some company launched a DIY/factual type channel
http://www.broadcastingcable.com/ne...focus-animals-and-people-who-love-them/162561

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Strange that discussion of the FCC Auction and other reasons talk about it being harder and harder to find bandwidth for subchannels, more subchannels keep starting.

I personally wish way more detail would be given to online diginets as the list of subchannels that you don't have in your area grows over time.

I know this is just a pipe dream. I can't really imagine the day that virtually all subchannels would be online. Then again who'd have thunk ABC, CBS, Fox, and NBC would live stream even if you have to prove cable co?

I still am curious how all these channels are going to have room in various markets.

You'd think eventually companies are going to go "Wow we created way to many diginets, we don't even have room to put them in markets!"

If these new channels are anything like Tuff TV they won't be very good. Tuffs programming is the cheapest of the cheap, all the shows are like programs that dont really be on TV channels like Gun TV. There seems to be no proper shows. If these channels have the same type of shows they be fairly crap.

Yes I think we have too many channels focusing on old tv series. Could a company do a deal/have a partnership with Discovery/A&E and launch a subchannel focusing on content from those companies? Like old Discovery Channel/C&I/ID/A&E programs from 10 years ago or something like that? There needs to be more of a variety of subchannels. Justice/Revn/Escape are good examples as they offer something different. Even if some company launched a factual channel like HGTV/DIY/Food Network. There are loads of even new series from UK/Canada/Australia that are not on US TV. They all dont have to be 10+ years old

Yes I think we have too many channels focusing on old tv series. Could a company do a deal/have a partnership with Discovery/A&E and launch a subchannel focusing on content from those companies? Like old Discovery Channel/C&I/ID/A&E programs from 10 years ago or something like that? There needs to be more of a variety of subchannels. Justice/Revn/Escape are good examples as they offer something different. Even if some company launched a factual channel like HGTV/DIY/Food Network. There are loads of even new series from UK/Canada/Australia that are not on US TV. They all dont have to be 10+ years old

Would love to see this also. Probably won't/can't happen though because better content and especially original content is more expensive. they probably would invest more in their pay-tv endeavors first, since a lot of the subnets arent on cable or satellite and don't bring in as much $$$&

I doubt it will ever be carried over the air, but for those who miss TechTV, try TWiT.tv and Revision3.com. For a while, some Revision3 programming was carried on YouToo America, but it isn't anymore, and Discovery bought Revision3, so if any of their shows did air on TV it would be on one of Discovery's channels I would think.

I wonder what programs this Rocky TV subchannel show? Perhaps shows that were on The Pet Network in Canada which closed last year. Im not expecting much anyway as the subchannels Seals have launched so far dont even show proper programs really just really cheap shows that dont be on TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)