Searching for satalite signal?!?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shade1991

Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
Utah
When ever I try to access certain channels it will say searching for satalite signal it doesn't do it in a pattern its just on random channels it will always say it. The other three recievers in my house all work perfectly fine without any problems.

If anyone knows what I should do or shouldn't do please let me know.

Last edited:
check your lnb's. if ther hot they maybe bad or going bad. I had the same thing just happen on my dish 1000 and come to find out is was my lnb for 119 and 110. hope this helps

Since the others are fine, its not your dish, it is the run to the box or the box itself. Was this just recently installed, and how long have you had this problem? The line comes from the dish right, and is not split from another line originally feeding a single box?

Swap this box with a known good one, see if the problem follows your bad box, or if the problem is still in the same location.

I checked the transponders and #1=86 and #2=0.
Then I switched the box with one of the good working ones and it just said searching for signal forever.
I had this installed by a professional and it was working fine.
I noticed that on the settings he had put my zip code as 22222.

Elstevo said:
Since the others are fine, its not your dish, it is the run to the box or the box itself. Was this just recently installed, and how long have you had this problem? The line comes from the dish right, and is not split from another line originally feeding a single box?

Swap this box with a known good one, see if the problem follows your bad box, or if the problem is still in the same location.

Good advice above but if you must try unplugging the box for a minutes an plug it back in. Let the bar load and your channels might come back. If all your other boxes are fine then it must be a problem with that one box and not an lnb. Perhaps you have a line problem. Try unplugging before you start moving boxes around and at the last resort tampering with the dish.

I get that messasge occasionally, or a channel with lots of macro blocking as if the signal is not strong enough. I push the up or down channel button on my HD600's remote and then back to the channel I wanted, and usually the channel will come in fine. I'm not sure, but it is as if the voltage to the lnb is not quite enough, and needs an extra boost.

This happened to me only on one receiver.* Changing out the multiswitch box fixed my problem.

shade1991 said:
When ever I try to access certain channels it will say searching for satalite signal it doesn't do it in a pattern its just on random channels it will always say it. The other three recievers in my house all work perfectly fine without any problems.

If anyone knows what I should do or shouldn't do please let me know.

I have the same problem with one of my existing receivers. This week I had the HD DVR and H20 receiver installed as well as the 5 lnb dish.

shade1991 said:
I checked the transponders and #1=86 and #2=0.
Then I switched the box with one of the good working ones and it just said searching for signal forever.
I had this installed by a professional and it was working fine.

If the old box still is not working in another location the box is not putting enough power out for even transponders. The box needs replaced.

Last edited:
shade1991 said:

If that's not your zip code, rerun setup and input the right zip, I helped a friend (I'm not a tech, but knew enough to hook/set them up, as he did not want to wait for D* to roll a truck) who had 3 receivers in a row to replace his, and they all had the zip 11111, some channels were missing until I reran setup and put in the right zip, we did have CSR on the phone at the time, and when she tried with the zip as 11111, channels remained missing, once I put in the right one, whatever she did in the process of reauthing worked.

Last edited:
The Tate said:
The zip is only for dish pointing damaged. It will not take or give you channels.

Yea, was not sure, that is why I added the edit about the CSR, it just seemed...well.. I figured it coulnd't hurt to mention it, and I'm the kinda person who wants the right stuff filled in, even if it don't matter, also before I did it, the downloading guide kept stalling at 10%, once the right zip was in, the guide went as normal...coincedence I guess, now I know. :)

If the CSR had the zip as 11111 on their end it would mess up things. :) But on the receivers the zip will only give you pointing parameters. I always put in 55555 :D.

The Tate said:
If the CSR had the zip as 11111 on their end it would mess up things. :) But on the receivers the zip will only give you pointing parameters. I always put in 55555 :D.

Thankfully I did not have to try and help him with pointing the dish, was already peaked real well, 95s all across, not that I mind heights, but he's got it on top of the roof and his roof has some crazy steep pitch, he said the installer tried to talk him into mounting it on the wall instead..lol, can't blame the guy for trying.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts