Searching for signal....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hookem99

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Pflugerville, Texas
Getting this on (so far) every channel. I have signals in the 90's on 101, 110, and 119, but 0's on the 99 & 103. This is only happening on one receiver (H20). Could this be a b-band converter failure? I am trying to find a extra one I had to test it. Thanks in advance!

Getting this on (so far) every channel. I have signals in the 90's on 101, 110, and 119, but 0's on the 99 & 103. This is only happening on one receiver (H20). Could this be a b-band converter failure? I am trying to find a extra one I had to test it. Thanks in advance!

IF you don't have BBC's on the H20 you would not get the HD channel, take a look at the NON HD channel and see if you are getting a picture. or ESPN (SD) for example.

IF you don't have BBC's on the H20 you would not get the HD channel, take a look at the NON HD channel and see if you are getting a picture. or ESPN (SD) for example.

Yep, signal on 236 & 243 both SD channels..... grrr and I can't find my extra BBC. Maybe I can find an installer around town tomorrow, and ask him for one. Took almost a week for D* to send me some when the ones on my HR20 failed.

Thanks Jimbo!

Well..... I put a known good BBC from my HR20 on my H20, and I still have the same issue. Any other ideas?

Edit: Just called D* and after going through their trouble shooting steps (again) I was told I would be assigned to a case mgr and I would get a call back tomorrow. Really? Not sure if I should feel special or be really worried!

Last edited:
TRY THIS

Try that receiver that has searching for signal in your other room where the signal is ok. See if it works there. If it doesn't it's probably your receiver. If not maybe your coax cable or connection to the lnb might be bad.

if hes getting signal on 101... but not on 99 and 103.. its BBC. I came from a customer's house where they recently wanted locals now... all H20s... no BBCs.. added BBCs.. fixed and locals came right on after this.

99 and 103 on the receivers are affected by this if theres no BBCs.

if hes getting signal on 101... but not on 99 and 103.. its BBC. I came from a customer's house where they recently wanted locals now... all H20s... no BBCs.. added BBCs.. fixed and locals came right on after this.

99 and 103 on the receivers are affected by this if theres no BBCs.

I put a know good bbc on last night, and a brand new one today. Same issue. Have a tech coming monday. The guy who called me today, says it sounds like a multi-switch. I have a brand new one I am going to swap out tomorrow and see. I personally think it's the receiver, but what do I know.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts