SEC CHANNEL

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I get wanting the channel, but considering it doesnt launch for 3.5 more months, leaving early is chicken little or you just want new sub deals somewhere else...

Still way too early for me to worry about the SEC network.
As of now I would not switch to get it.
I may feel different in August.:)
Talk to Directv at Best Buy today and asked them how many times a day they get asked about the network.
He said 10-20.
Callers on the Paul Finebaum call everyday it seems and ask about Directv. He gives the same answer.
He feels confident Direct will carry the channel. He gets asked that question a lot especially when callers hear that he's been in meeting with ESPN big dogs.

I have plenty of faith D* will carry it. I gave Dish a whole year on ESPNUHD, Ill give Directv one fball season to add SEC Network. If I dont have it by Aug 2015, I may be more irritated. In all honesty, I only have Dish and Directv as options, and Im not going back to Dish. So, it is what it is...

I figure they will get it as well. Will they get it in time for the season openers? Well, that's the question.

Id have swapped over this channel anyway most likely. But id have waited had the math not been right this early.

If I were a fan of a team in another conference, even being a general football fan like I am, I would ride it out. Like I did with the pac 12 network.

Many sec fans won't. Many will.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thought this was funny...Mike Slive SEC commissioner says he might have to change TV provider :

• The SEC Network.

Slive said he's optimistic that the network due to launch in August will line up other distributors beyond AT&T U-verse and Dish, but adds that "whether it comes before or after we launch is another question." Slive is among those who doesn't use either of those outlets for his TV programming. "I will have the distributor or distributors that carry the SEC Network, which for me will require a change," he said.
http://espn.go.com/college-football...slive-expects-autonomy-hot-topic-sec-meetings

Thought this was funny...Mike Slive SEC commissioner says he might have to change TV provider :

• The SEC Network.

Slive said he's optimistic that the network due to launch in August will line up other distributors beyond AT&T U-verse and Dish, but adds that "whether it comes before or after we launch is another question." Slive is among those who doesn't use either of those outlets for his TV programming. "I will have the distributor or distributors that carry the SEC Network, which for me will require a change," he said.
http://espn.go.com/college-football...slive-expects-autonomy-hot-topic-sec-meetings
That is funny!! Thanks for sharing!! :)

Just got a flyer from Dish in the mail that was so big it barely fit in the mailbox. Idiots. Let's waste money on a mailer for a channel you "carry" that "launches 8/14/14"...

People are so gullible nowadays.

Just got a flyer from Dish in the mail that was so big it barely fit in the mailbox. Idiots. Let's waste money on a mailer for a channel you "carry" that "launches 8/14/14"...

People are so gullible nowadays.
I got the same type advertisement last week. Not sure why they sent it, as I am currently a dish sub..

This will not make me happy. So we get the crap Big Ten but not SEC or PAC-10. How do they maintain the sports leader claim?!?!??

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Because they have everything else. From what I can find out it maybe 2015 before we get SEC that would be if the buyout goes thu with A T & T and dish has the Sec network. Hope and pray but know
way am i switching to the Dish just to get it I can wait.

if you look at the directv service twitter account, every minute they are replying to someone who tweeted them about it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts