Second TV without adding box

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Allane

Original poster
Mar 7, 2016
Windsor, Maine
I have just joined and saw an old post from Aug 1, 2009 regarding sending the DirectTV signal to a second TV without using a second box. I can't/don't want to afford a mini with all the additional monthly charges. I am at the far end of the recommended maximum distance for a modulator, splitter and Cat6 cable...I figure about 25 meters. I would like to try this, but because I have no experience with DIY, I would need specifics on what exactly I would need to buy. (I do have an electrician who can run the wires.)
I found the
HDMI® Over CAT5E / CAT6 Extender Wall Plate (Pair) - Single Port (1P) - White
Product # 8009
$17.37
that was mentioned in the old post. Could you give me guidance on the other components I would need for a DirectTV box Genie HD DVR model# HR 44-500?
Since I am brand new to the site, I am hoping you can help, but don't know what is appropriate to ask. Thank you.

you will have to watch the same channel

and i dont think the remote will work that far

a mini is only @ $7 a month

HD transmitter?or A stand alone Sling box?.....You have some options.....Those cad5 hard wire solutions work also...

As I have mentioned to others in the past, look into the "My Wireless TV" system. No wires. Easy hook-up. Just the initial purchase price.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)