Second TV without adding box

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Allane

Original poster
Mar 7, 2016
Windsor, Maine
I have just joined and saw an old post from Aug 1, 2009 regarding sending the DirectTV signal to a second TV without using a second box. I can't/don't want to afford a mini with all the additional monthly charges. I am at the far end of the recommended maximum distance for a modulator, splitter and Cat6 cable...I figure about 25 meters. I would like to try this, but because I have no experience with DIY, I would need specifics on what exactly I would need to buy. (I do have an electrician who can run the wires.)
I found the
HDMI® Over CAT5E / CAT6 Extender Wall Plate (Pair) - Single Port (1P) - White
Product # 8009
$17.37
that was mentioned in the old post. Could you give me guidance on the other components I would need for a DirectTV box Genie HD DVR model# HR 44-500?
Since I am brand new to the site, I am hoping you can help, but don't know what is appropriate to ask. Thank you.

you will have to watch the same channel

and i dont think the remote will work that far

a mini is only @ $7 a month

HD transmitter?or A stand alone Sling box?.....You have some options.....Those cad5 hard wire solutions work also...

As I have mentioned to others in the past, look into the "My Wireless TV" system. No wires. Easy hook-up. Just the initial purchase price.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)