Security Camera system recommendations

Looks like that camera isn't carried any longer. Wish I would have snagged a couple when they were up there, website seems kinda iffy to me at first, which is why I didn't buy them up. Any other recommendations? Have you bought anything from that website before?

I buy from them a couple times a year (I bought 10 about 6 weeks ago). He direct imports the stuff from China so his inventory goes in and out. You can email him to see when they will be back in stock. Usually once a month he gets a shipment. It looks like they are out of stock ATM.

I buy from them a couple times a year (I bought 10 about 6 weeks ago). He direct imports the stuff from China so his inventory goes in and out. You can email him to see when they will be back in stock. Usually once a month he gets a shipment. It looks like they are out of stock ATM.

Do you have some pics or video clips of them? They look like a great price for the camera.

Do they work good at night outdoors in very dark places?

I was confused on how you add the cable on the same order but they sell the same length of cable separate for more money but they say free shipping on cable of ordered along with a camera. So I wasn't sure of the cable I would get if I put the add word in the box when ordering the cable.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Any of these are IP cameras? I've been tasked with researching this for my workplace and would rather not have to run a bunch of new cabling.

Some are. You can use cat5 cabling and get the baluns to convert the video from bnc to cat5. Very cheap and simple.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Do you have some pics or video clips of them? They look like a great price for the camera.

Do they work good at night outdoors in very dark places?

I was confused on how you add the cable on the same order but they sell the same length of cable separate for more money but they say free shipping on cable of ordered along with a camera. So I wasn't sure of the cable I would get if I put the add word in the box when ordering the cable.

At night they use the infrared LEDs to give a black and white picture. Probably good for 15 feet or so.

If you put add in the size cable you want they will add it. It is a fairly amateur web site, the guy (Keith) essentially figures it out or will email you.

I will see if I cannot find some video, essentially viewing remote is very compressed (CIF or 1/4 resolution then compressed with H264). The DVRs are up in the ceiling at the stores, to keep them from being messed with. The DVRs record full resolution, so when we have an "incident" we burn it to DVD. It does not happen very often (thankfully).

I have put these in 9 restaurants, with up to 16 cameras per restaurant. Of course that is over the years and different cameras were used as we went along, but essentially they were all ordered from this web site (we buy DVRs from another site as mentioned above). We replace/add cameras as needed, and this is the current camera we use when doing replacement/additions. We like the dome ones better than bullet ones since they hold their position far better. We use them indoor and outdoors. We also like fixed over varifocal since that is another thing that always seems to get out of adjustment. Restaurants are fairly abusive environments and they hold up well. The main problem we usually have is grease buildup on the camera that has to be cleaned off every now and then as the picture will get blurry.

It is night and day though on old cameras vs these newer ones. The old ones were 480-540 lines when they were put in, good for 10 years ago. These new ones look far better.

At night they use the infrared LEDs to give a black and white picture. Probably good for 15 feet or so.

If you put add in the size cable you want they will add it. It is a fairly amateur web site, the guy (Keith) essentially figures it out or will email you.

I will see if I cannot find some video, essentially viewing remote is very compressed (CIF or 1/4 resolution then compressed with H264). The DVRs are up in the ceiling at the stores, to keep them from being messed with. The DVRs record full resolution, so when we have an "incident" we burn it to DVD. It does not happen very often (thankfully).

I have put these in 9 restaurants, with up to 16 cameras per restaurant. Of course that is over the years and different cameras were used as we went along, but essentially they were all ordered from this web site (we buy DVRs from another site as mentioned above). We replace/add cameras as needed, and this is the current camera we use when doing replacement/additions. We like the dome ones better than bullet ones since they hold their position far better. We use them indoor and outdoors. We also like fixed over varifocal since that is another thing that always seems to get out of adjustment. Restaurants are fairly abusive environments and they hold up well. The main problem we usually have is grease buildup on the camera that has to be cleaned off every now and then as the picture will get blurry.

It is night and day though on old cameras vs these newer ones. The old ones were 480-540 lines when they were put in, good for 10 years ago. These new ones look far better.

Seems like they are pretty close to this camera:

EYEsurv ESCEB650-1

Yeah, the 15 foot wouldn't cut it for this application at night. We need about double that. The little cameras that came with the system seem to do well above 35 feet, actually impressed with their night distance.

Weird, I can view remotely in full resolution, I can even pick a list of files that I want to download from the DVR and it downloads the AVI's right to my PC I'm on. Glad I didn't get that DVR ;)

Seems like they are pretty close to this camera:

EYEsurv ESCEB650-1

Yeah, the 15 foot wouldn't cut it for this application at night. We need about double that. The little cameras that came with the system seem to do well above 35 feet, actually impressed with their night distance.

Weird, I can view remotely in full resolution, I can even pick a list of files that I want to download from the DVR and it downloads the AVI's right to my PC I'm on. Glad I didn't get that DVR ;)

We have slow uplink at the locations so the settings pretty low (less than 256kbit). In store I can get full resolution over the ethernet.