Self install...With the help of an stupid installer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Voom Voom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 9, 2004
It all started on March 25, I set up an install for April 10th from 8-12 well the installer finally showed up about 2:30 (not a big surprise). After about 90min the installer found a spot "between the trees" (I own 10 acres in Hayden Lake, ID), so he gave me the Voom equipment and a spool of quad shield RG6 and left. So I started digging...found a pole some cement mix, and a level. I planted the pole and a day later put the dish on it aimed for 99? and the highest signal I could get was a 12... I called the installer "you must be doing something wrong, I can come back on the 14th at 12:00 to do it right". By now I'm slightly aggravated.

The 14th comes around the installer shows up at 3:30, busts out his ChannelMaster 1008IFD gets the strongest signal "that should do it now you should have a signal between 30-40" walk in the house and wouldn’t you know it a signal of 12. Now i'm very aggravated.

The installer crawled all over the 10 acres and found the "only other spot that will work" so the next day I started by cutting down about 5 trees close to 100ft tall, lots of brush that he pointed out, dug another hole, planted another post mounted dish and got a signal of 13!!! By now i’m very pissed off.

I went to Big5 bought a $9 compass, aimed for 99 degrees found a spot, cut down 4 bushes chopped a tree down to about 10ft tall, put the mount on the tree with 2-4'' lag bolts, put the dish on the mount aimed...got a signal of 48!! (Of course that’s before the update now the signal is around 95)

So I finally activated on May 2nd

Cost of my Voom installation
2-10ft Poles $5
2-60 LBS of Concrete $10
4-Line amps $44
1-1000ft spool of RG6 $100
2-lower backaches Free
Lots of headaches Free
Another month of Dish $55

Crystal Clear High Definition
Television that measures
300 inches with my NEC
MultiSync MT1065 Priceless

I have had the normal problems with Voom but that’s no big deal I was expecting that it’s just too bad that Installs INC. sucks. They should let smart people like us install them ourselves.

And buy the way I have had no problem with the OTA channels with the stealth antenna

I can dig it. Sorry--couldn't resist.

Way to go on the self-installation. I'll bet Joe Harkins would want to know the name of the installer that didn't install the equipment.

Hey Thanks, Ya I bet he would like to know that his installers are slackers and dont know what they are talking about

I would suggest calling voom and see if they can give you a $20 credit off your bill for your work.

Cost of my Voom installation
2-10ft Poles $5
2-60 LBS of Concrete $10
4-Line amps $44
1-1000ft spool of RG6 $100
2-lower backaches Free
Lots of headaches Free
Another month of Dish $55

Cost of Crystal Clear High Definition: Priceless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)