sending back equipment

djjsin said:
they will be contacting us in a couple of weeks in regards to getting the recievers back.

Which means nothing more than they will be contacting us in two weeks. Did the CSR actually say they definately wanted their receivers back or was it more along the lines of "don't call us we'll call you."

One would think if getting the receivers back was of some importance it would take less than two weeks to send out a letter to 46,000 subs as to what to do with the STBs.

BTW, thanks so much for the gift, as if I don't already have enough satellite equipment laying around here. Just another dish to throw on the pile. I have laying around 2 D* 18", 1 E* 18", 1 E* 500, 1 Primestar, 2 D* receivers, 2 E* receivers, and 1 Primestar STB. Perhaps I should start the Museum of Satellite Providers.

Don't know how anyone else feels but........

they take back all of the equipment or none of it. I don't need or want any "FREE GIFTS" from anyone. Either that or offer me a good deal on the box, say $100, and I might be willing to purchase it for OTA, assuming they can guarantee me that I can get it to work without a hitch if I accidently power it off or reset it.

Hopefully what was posted was inaccurate. I do not think that taking only the box is fair at all. :mad:

I certainly hope that Voom does not try to play it both ways.

If they decide to abandon the equipment then that should abandon all of it. If they do want the STB's returned then they are entitled to them. HOWEVER, they should then also be obligated to remove the dish AND the OTA antenna at customers request.

Voom certainly should not say, give us back the boxes but the DISH and OTA on your roof are not our problem. I suspect this course of action would lead to numerous complaints to various state attorney general's offices and other agencies.

For many who have switched to cable the OTA is no longer of value and is simply an eye sore.

As far as I'm concerned, my "contractual relationship" with Voom ended when the service ended. If they had wanted "any" equipment back, they should have expressed this while I was still under contract with them. They had every opportunity to advice us that the a request for the return of the equipment would be forthcoming. But they didn't do it. So here we sit . . . not knowing whether or not we'll be required to return any of this stuff. Do we give them a reasonable amount of time before we decided to throw it all in the trash? How much time is reasonable? One day, one week, one month, one year?? Pretty sloppy!!

Don't look for the to take the dish and antenna we never took them down on the deinstalls when they were up and run i am sure there not going to take them now they are not.

t

TYORK said:
Don't look for the to take the dish and antenna we never took them down on the deinstalls when they were up and run i am sure there not going to take them now they are not.
t

Yes. likewise E* did not come out and remove the dish when I dropped them. I think that the key difference here is that the customers in question have not dropped Voom, Voom essentially dropped them. That might potentially create additional obligations on Voom's part?

Yes. likewise E* did not come out and remove the dish when I dropped them. I think that the key difference here is that the customers in question have not dropped Voom, Voom essentially dropped them. That might potentially create additional obligations on Voom's part?

EXACTAMONDO AMPHICAR770!!!!.

"For many who have switched to cable the OTA is no longer of value and is simply an eye sore."

Actually, OTA is much better than cable in terms of PQ.

That doesn't change the point though...it's all or nothing. I've been saying this in various threads for the past month. Was even called "unethical" at one point, claiming I was trying to keep equipment that I was not entitled to, which meant that the poster completely missed the point. I have no need of their boxes, I have a built-in tuner, but since they told me I wasn't qualified to install them, my position is that I'm not qualified to uninstall their equipment either, and that INCLUDES their dish.

Lob

I would have to agree with this. if VOOM wants the receiver back then they also have to come remove the dish and antenna of my roof and patch the holes they made in my roof and into my house.

I feel of the customer wants the dish and antenna ...they should have the option to do so....if they want the dish and antenna removed, then Voom should have them removed.

Seems to be the general consensus. If they want the oxes back then they should also offer customers the option of having the dish and/or antenna removed and holes properly patched. That is the catch-22 that they are in. I guess it will ultimately come down to the value of the boxes versus the cost of service calls. I still suspect that if they really wanted the boxes back that they would have sent the kill signal when they went dark.

Honestly, I could care less either way. Just fun to speculate. Logic does not seem to play a big part in CVC's decision making process. It would have made so much more sense for them to have completed the E* deal to carry their channels BEFORE they announced the shutdown. But let's face it, little Jimmy did not get the corner office based on his business prowess.

What does "patch the holes properly" mean ?? If your roof doesn't leak for 9 years (in that area) but then finally does in year 10, is VOOM still responsible ?? :D

hall said:
What does "patch the holes properly" mean ?? If your roof doesn't leak for 9 years (in that area) but then finally does in year 10, is VOOM still responsible ?? :D

To me it means that they send someone out to remove their dish, and they patch the holes that get left behind with a silicon sealant. I'm not asking for a 50yr warranty here, just patch the holes in a reasonable manner.

Lob

How are you so sure smeagal???

Are you just trying to tell us something so you can get the "PRECIOUS" receivers from us?

I had a customer's daughter tell me once I put in the satellite system for her mom to take they system back out that they didnt have to keep it even though her mom was under a contract for a year. She said she didnt care about the contract and that she was going to contact the company and going to sue me. She lives with her mom and acted as if she was not asked permission to have it put in. She also told me to fix the holes that the mount has created and the hole in the entertainment center (the place that the manufacturer makes for putting cables through the cardboard in the back of it). What it all boiled down to was that they didnt want to pay hardly anything for the system. Her mom was making payments on the system. I was told by one of her relatives that she spends her mom's money so basically when her mom spends money its like she was spending her own since she would have less to work with. I also found out that she gets drunk and got kicked out of some apartments as a result because of the problems she had caused. This is one of many things a retailer has to deal with.

Lobstah said:
" since they told me I wasn't qualified to install them, my position is that I'm not qualified to uninstall their equipment either, and that INCLUDES their dish.

Lob

An excellent point, but I had the larger dish, and I just got tired of looking at it. I took it down today, and I repaired the holes with some roof cement. The whole process took less than a half hour. I didn't want E* to put my 61.5 dish in the same spot, so I wanted it to be gone when they get here, which is in about 10 days.

I am still using my purchased receiver for OTA until my 942 arrives, and I have 2 other v* receivers that I bought cheap on ebay that are not currently activated, so I don't think they will work for OTA unless someone knows how to hack them. Since there were only 40,000 of us, maybe they will be a rare collector's item down the road. Wishful thinking.....

-k

I'm so sure just because it makes no sense to ask for them back. There is no way it would be profitable, and I think they would want to cut thier losses.

If Cablevision thinks that they can grab the receivers and run, they have something else coming. Their board of directors better be prepared to pay for someone to remove the dish and the antenna, and patch the holes on my roof or I will report them to my state Attorney General. They should have thought about ALL the expenses involved before they voted to shut the door on voOm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts