Sept 19th 6:00 AM HD D* PARTY!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I went for an interview with a DirecTV installation company 2 weeks ago and was told several new channels would begin on the 19th but he didn't know how many.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like I've read there will be anywhere from 3 to 30 channels launched. Is it gonna be closer to the high or low number?

Have a read right when I think the "Xtra" channels will be free until 12/15/07 and will be $4.99 after that?

All I know is that if this doesn't happen tomorrow I think people are going to Riot! I'm not sure if I'll stay up late or get up early...

Hey D* guys, an E* sub here. I just want to pipe in and wish you guys luck tomorrow. I really hope your new HD channels show up. I've been following the updates, and the press conferences today seem to indicate they won't. But I hope the D* CEO didn't get the memo and they light 'em up anyway! :)

If the channels do show up, then yes, I'll probably be more than a little jealous. :) But like Scott has said numerous times, D*'s push on HD will mean more HD for everyone, because E* and cable will be required to match them, or otherwise lose subs. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a grand day for everyone!

Take this info for what it's worth. There are some folks over at DBS that say they've talked to some CSR's at D* that say they've received late news that the HD rollout is delayed until 9/21. Earl has said he hasn't heard any news of any delays and others have reported that they've called and a CSR still is saying 6AM EDT tomorrow AM. I don't believe the 9/21 rumor, just wanted to report it though.

Just a little correction on rad's statement:

Earl neither confirmed the delay rumor, nor the channels being turned on tomorrow @ 6am EDT.

Either he really doesn't know, or he's a good actor!!

I think I'm still upset from Last nights Eagles Game to party. If the HD is lit up,Maybe it will lift my spirits.
You need recievers that can get open and an offensive line that can block. Im not even going to talk about Donovan, but how about hitting the open reciever and not throwing it over his head or behind him.

Take this info for what it's worth. There are some folks over at DBS that say they've talked to some CSR's at D* that say they've received late news that the HD rollout is delayed until 9/21. Earl has said he hasn't heard any news of any delays and others have reported that they've called and a CSR still is saying 6AM EDT tomorrow AM. I don't believe the 9/21 rumor, just wanted to report it though.

The rumor came from tivocommunity from some guy with a couple of posts. I dont believe a word of it.

The rumor came from tivocommunity from some guy with a couple of posts. I dont believe a word of it.

Yep, but then there were some others on DBSTalk that said they called in and were told the same thing, which makes it more possible, hopefully not, but we'll know for sure in about 7 hours.

Party has started

I have started my party, just cant wait for the HD.

It is midnight and I'm already juiced up on rum and coke, I think I see HD !!!

Talking with VOS (veryoldschool), a reputable poster on DBSTalk, in their chatroom...it sounds true... :(
I talked to a D* CSR about 15 Min's ago. He said the "HD roll-out was postponed". I pushed him around to confirm the 21 Sep 07 date and he would NOT give-in. I asked about the 21st. and he said that he was told that it has been postponed and he does NOT know when is the new activation date. I specifically asked him to deny or confirm the 21st-no dice.
icon13.gif

What you read is what you get.
icon8.gif

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts