Series Link Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Its slightly annoying that many shows are cut off too early and start too early. Id like to have each show start a minute late and end a minute late but the HR20 does not give you that option.

Question is:

If I set EVERY series link to end 1 minute late, does that adversely effect the next recording(next hour) other than it starting a minute late.

What will happen if I have TWO recordings at say 8pm which are supposed to end 1 minute late, then TWO more at 9pm on different channels. Will it move to the 9pm shows after running over a minute and commence recording?

Its slightly annoying that many shows are cut off too early and start too early. Id like to have each show start a minute late and end a minute late but the HR20 does not give you that option.

Question is:

If I set EVERY series link to end 1 minute late, does that adversely effect the next recording(next hour) other than it starting a minute late.

What will happen if I have TWO recordings at say 8pm which are supposed to end 1 minute late, then TWO more at 9pm on different channels. Will it move to the 9pm shows after running over a minute and commence recording?

Provided your not trying to watch anything else,I would have to say that it should work fine seeing it has 2 tuners, but I have not tried it, I normally only record one thing at a time, normally.

jimbo

Provided your not trying to watch anything else,I would have to say that it should work fine seeing it has 2 tuners, but I have not tried it, I normally only record one thing at a time, normally.

jimbo

I have nights like Tuesday where starting at 8pm, I have 2 things record per hour for the next three hours. I might just experiment and see what happens.

I have nights like Tuesday where starting at 8pm, I have 2 things record per hour for the next three hours. I might just experiment and see what happens.

My Tuesdays use to be like that, but when shows shuffled, it no longer ties me up like it use to. That and I am not recording as much as I use to, run ing out of time to watch them so I backed off on what I am recording.

Jimbo

My Tuesdays use to be like that, but when shows shuffled, it no longer ties me up like it use to. That and I am not recording as much as I use to, run ing out of time to watch them so I backed off on what I am recording.

Jimbo

Youll gain more freedom when you get that 750gb-1tb drive ;)

My wife and I purposely stay a week behind, that way we dont have to watch any commercials.

Youll gain more freedom when you get that 750gb-1tb drive ;)

My wife and I purposely stay a week behind, that way we dont have to watch any commercials.

I would love to get the TB, but they are still quite expensive, I have seen a WD 1 TB but it is an internal, it goes for $350 and an enclosure with a fan is about $ 50-75 and then I still need a cable ... So I am looking at about $ 425+ just to get to the 1 TB and I can hopefully get the FA 750 for $ 220, it doesn't justify the price difference to gain just 250 gb's.
Also tha fact that I have not heard many others that have tried anything other than the FA type that have said that they definatly work... I was told by a local guy that not all HD's will work with the D* rec's.
He wanted to use an internal and enclosure to add to his TIVO and it would not work. At least I have confirmation that the Seagate FA DOES work.
Now if they would come out with a 1 TB version that is 1 disk soon, I would inquire, but that won't happen till AFTER I decide to already make my purchase, thats MY kind of luck !

Jimbo

Check the prioritizer. If there are conflicting recordings (one show ending late and another starting early), it will record the one with the higher priority, not necessarily the earlier one. You can change that priority if you need to.

Other than that, I see no problems with what you're suggested.

Maybe it's in the CE, but mine always seems to get an extra minute on the end of the show, unless both tuners are tied up. I thought this was added a release ago on the HR20-700.

Last edited:
I have 2 recordings each hour on Tuesday and the HR20 worked fine with 1min added onto each one. It just recorded an 1hr 1min, then switched to the next scheduled. Very good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)