Series Recording Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PrompterGuy

Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
Anaheim, CA
I'll use Oprah as an example of what I'm trying to record. But it happens with others as well.

I have the show Oprah, ABC 3:00 p.m. weekdays, set to do a Series Recording.

I have it set to record only 1st runs and keep until I delete.

When I look at my To Do List, it shows Oprah recording at 3:00 pm, but also at other times, giving me duplicates of the same episode.

What have I missed? It appears to be recording several occurrences of first run Oprah shows that air at different times and on different days.

Thanks for any help!

afaik you would have to do individual ep recording because it doesn't know the difference and records anything on that channel labled as "oprah: first run"

It could be a screw up on the guide info coming from the Tribune Company, if they are sending info stating that it's a First Run and it's not, there's not much you can do about it.

the guide has been sort of screwy lately. the other day one of my season pass show said that it's first run was 9/27/2009! and that ain't got here yet, plus it was a rerun anyway.

the guide has been sort of screwy lately. the other day one of my season pass show said that it's first run was 9/27/2009! and that ain't got here yet, plus it was a rerun anyway.

Sure you weren't looking in the To Do list where it locates upcoming shows that you want ?

I'll use Oprah as an example of what I'm trying to record. But it happens with others as well.

I have the show Oprah, ABC 3:00 p.m. weekdays, set to do a Series Recording.

I have it set to record only 1st runs and keep until I delete.

When I look at my To Do List, it shows Oprah recording at 3:00 pm, but also at other times, giving me duplicates of the same episode.

What have I missed? It appears to be recording several occurrences of first run Oprah shows that air at different times and on different days.

Thanks for any help!

I record some shows that do that. Just set up a recurring manual recording (mon thru fri) at the time you want to record. menu-manage recordings-manual

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)