Server Work Sunday Morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another one for you Scott:

Previously whenever I had a notification of a PM or other notification there would be a little red number appear in the pinned tab and/or tab header of Firefox/Waterfox. That indicator doesn't appear anymore.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Here's another one for you Scott:

Previously whenever I had a notification of a PM or other notification there would be a little red number appear in the pinned tab and/or tab header of Firefox/Waterfox. That indicator doesn't appear anymore.
Chrome is working ok.

Chrome is working ok.

I checked Edge and it wasn't working in that either. It seems like it isn't pushing the notifications and they only appear when reloading the page and the little indicator doesn't appear at all.

Chrome on your PC is working?

Showing up on mine.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 2.12.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 2.12.25 PM.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 126
You might have the refresh those tabs since the code was not installed when you opened them. :D

YES! Thanks for the Likes and the notifications are pushing again.

It's really convenient to be working on other things and see the little red numbers appear on the pinned tabs and know that something's up to go and check.

Thanks again Scott. :)

Ok made a quick video showing the speed. This was done with a regular user account so you can see the ads that are displayed (and now they are not slowing down the SatelliteGuys experience at all)

The browser is Google Chrome which is using HTTP/2.

Hope you enjoy the new security and speed of SatelliteGuys.

Thanks to our Pub Members for helping us keep the lights on, and for allowing us to do upgrades like this for you. :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 2.26.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 2.26.44 PM.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 126
So, is there a reason my Avatar is showing a broken graphic icon?

And the "Fresh Blue" theme is totally whacked-up? Many elements are showing up as a list of links instead of pop-up menus or tables. More hard-coated CSS?

I should add, this is using Safari 10.1.1 on my Mac running macOS Sierra 10.12.5.

Edit: Okay, I cleared all my caches and that seems to have restored my Avatar. Should have tried that first. Now I'll try going back to "Fresh Blue". I think I'm the only SatGuy that uses it!

Edit: Clearing the caches also fixed the issues I was having with "Fresh Blue", well, except for no "anonymous" avatars.

Edit: Okay, final edit: Scott, thank you a baggilion percent for adding SSL to SatelliteGuys! It's the mark of a professional website, and as you know, not easily accomplished. A Tip 'o the Hat to you, and all the staff who assisted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)