Service Address and HD Guide Info

imstriker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2004
Since I live in a market that will never see HD locals beyond some ancient promises (Indianapolis), I am considering "moving" so that I can record more than one HD feed. If I do so, will I lose my guide data on my Indianapolis OTA locals?

I live between Indy and Louisville. I get Indy locals (sd) but get Indy, Louisville and Cincinnati HD via OTA, and I get the channel guide info for all three locations. So, my guess would be no.

The way I understand it: In most cases as long as you have a dish antenna pointed at, and are receiving the transponder that carries the SD locals for a given market, you will see OTA guide for that market if you subscribe to a locals package.

I live about 20 miles north of Louisville. I get NY HD locals (sat) and Louisville is OTA. The guide data for the Louisville OTA is correct. I can record 3 HD networks(NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX) at the same time.

I live about 20 miles north of Louisville. I get NY HD locals (sat) and Louisville is OTA. The guide data for the Louisville OTA is correct. I can record 3 HD networks(NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX) at the same time.
I wish I could get any kind of locals in HD via satellite. I get ABC and NBC, but CBS is too weak for the setup I have, and Fox is unavailable for HD (digital only). I really miss the NY locals I used to have years ago...

So, for now, I have to pick which ONE of the shows airing at a particular time I want to record in HD (OTA). And it can only come from ABC or NBC.

I wish I could get any kind of locals in HD via satellite. I get ABC and NBC, but CBS is too weak for the setup I have, and Fox is unavailable for HD (digital only). I really miss the NY locals I used to have years ago...

So, for now, I have to pick which ONE of the shows airing at a particular time I want to record in HD (OTA). And it can only come from ABC or NBC.
Do you get 61.5 or 129? 'Moving' will fix it. ;)

Do you get 61.5 or 129? 'Moving' will fix it. ;)
I'm pointed at 129. My locals are Fayetteville, AR. The HD channels I get are only OTA, so I can record one at a time. I know that the Tulsa market has HD, and that's pretty close, but not sure I'd want to do without the local news. Guess I could still get that OTA...

Gonna have to think about it.

EDIT: Actually, after checking things, it seems that Tulsa is not available in HD after all. :(

Last edited:
I'm pointed at 129. My locals are Fayetteville, AR. The HD channels I get are only OTA, so I can record one at a time. I know that the Tulsa market has HD, and that's pretty close, but not sure I'd want to do without the local news. Guess I could still get that OTA...

Gonna have to think about it.

EDIT: Actually, after checking things, it seems that Tulsa is not available in HD after all. :(

OKC has HD locals but AR is not in the spotbeam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)