Status
Please reply by conversation.

mdram

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Md
just read this on the directv forums

As of 3/20 Service calls without the protection plan will cost: $99.

hadnt heard this yet

It's in an updated Customer Agreement. Just came via email.

2017-03-24%2012_20_26-Microsoft%20Word%20-%20FINAL%20-DTV%20Customer%20Agreement%20with%20exhibit%20list.docx.png

Reactions: Tecnicoloco
Whew ....

Definitely doing all my own work from now on then ....

Even if I have to end up investing over $500.00 in an AIM meter as part of it ...

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Labor costs at AT&T are significantly higher. Part of the cost is being passed along to the consumer. No brainer.

Labor costs at AT&T are significantly higher. Part of the cost is being passed along to the consumer. No brainer.

It's an interesting thought but there is some solid truth to this statement.

AT&T has much larger legacy labor costs including pensions, healthcare, etc for many employees from their heyday in the telephone days.
DirecTV was a much newer company and didn't have near this to consider, and I believe was a non-union environment (not sure on that one, but AT&T I believe is in many parts of their business).

Yup here is the official on it.

Effective 3/20/17, the DIRECTV Service Call fee will be aligned across the organization. The DIRECTV Service Call fee will be $99. Customers scheduling a service call after 3/19/17 will be quoted $99 for the visit.

So, will they be raising the cost of tye protection plan again ?

I could see it going to 10 p/m for basic, hope not, but ya never say never.

So, will they be raising the cost of tye protection plan again ?

I could see it going to 10 p/m for basic, hope not, but ya never say never.

i foresee a $1, maybe $2 increase, after all dish just raised theirs, and what ones does, the other follows

I don't like the $35 fee to restore service from non payment.

They tried doing that to me when I forgot to pay my uverse internet bill that I use for backup internet.

I told them to keep it disconnected and stuck them with the bill

Thats because they keep getting rid of people and asking those left to do more and work faster and longer.
AT&T has always had this odd practice of laying off workers while simultaneously hiring new workers..
I have a friend who just got laid off after 14 years with the company. he was non exempt so he was a member of the CWA.
Lo and behold, he finds a job doing the same thing as an employee, but for a contractor for.......wait for it......AT&T....Go figure.
Anyway, AT&T has just announced a new policy for the techs that install the Directv and internet services( AT&T Entertainment or so they say it may be called) will now be responsible for installing the service drop from the pole/pedestal. in the past, one tech did the interior work, while another performed the outside work.
The bottom line is these guys are paid hourly. There are work rules to keep the job reasonable.

AT&T has always had this odd practice of laying off workers while simultaneously hiring new workers..
I have a friend who just got laid off after 14 years with the company. he was non exempt so he was a member of the CWA.
Lo and behold, he finds a job doing the same thing as an employee, but for a contractor for.......wait for it......AT&T....Go figure.
Anyway, AT&T has just announced a new policy for the techs that install the Directv and internet services( AT&T Entertainment or so they say it may be called) will now be responsible for installing the service drop from the pole/pedestal. in the past, one tech did the interior work, while another performed the outside work.
The bottom line is these guys are paid hourly. There are work rules to keep the job reasonable.
Yup, thats it ...
Most work from the outside of the Central Office to the customers modem/phone.
As for the U verse internet side, the Prem techs use to do from the Network Interface in, but that is being changed as well, as many of them are being moved over to the D* side of things while the rest do it all.

So according to this, the Vacation suspend is going from $0 to $5/mo?

Also, the old wording on downgrading packages was "Up to $10.00 Change of Service Fee, if you change your Service package to a lower-priced package." -- I've never been charged to change my base package in the past. Will that be changing now?

So according to this, the Vacation suspend is going from $0 to $5/mo?

Also, the old wording on downgrading packages was "Up to $10.00 Change of Service Fee, if you change your Service package to a lower-priced package." -- I've never been charged to change my base package in the past. Will that be changing now?
That $5 per month is pure BS. Typical AT&T nickel and diming their customers as they've always done, creating revenue with zero effort on their part.

The other sh!tty thing they do is give all the ma bell old timer folks that have been with them 40 years all the crappy trucks and equipment.

But the uverse guys who don't know anything get all the shiny new trucks and tools.

That's going to be hell having to do the Directv and the att internet install.

That $5 per month is pure BS. Typical AT&T nickel and diming their customers as they've always done, creating revenue with zero effort on their part.
Actually they are just following what others do ... being charged for that is nothing new.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts