Service Restored to 129 Satellite!

Unless you clicked "cancel" instead of PROCEED or SAVE at the end of the check switch - if you got a message that said something like fewer satellites were found than you previously had. Correct?

I believe that is correct. I did a switch test last night but then canceled when I got that message. I had my HD channels back this morning without doing anything.

If you did a switch test last night when 129 was down then yes, you will need to do it again to get it back. If you didn't fool with things trying to fix it then you don't have to fix anything you broke last night.

I didn't do anything, but my upstairs receiver still has no HD back.

I didn't do anything, but my upstairs receiver still has no HD back.

You didnt happen to run a check switch on it last night did you?

First try to reboot it by unplugging it for 10 seconds then plugging it back in.

If that dont get them back then do a check switch and you should be good to go.

Still no Indy HD channels, except WNDY, at 9:23 EDST. So, what exactly happened to 129? What is Dish going to do for us for our inconvenience? I hope it's not a couple of VOD movies. I would rather have a bill adjustment. :D

For those of you missing locals it is my understanding (although not confirmed) that they need to light up the spot beams one by one as in whatever happened might have moved the spot beams slightly out of their intended area, so they must light them up and insure that the spots are hitting the areas they are supposed to be on.

They also need to make sure that the beams are not interfering with other beams... or even other satellites.

Could this incident have mess up all our timers? Using the iPhone app (I'm at work), all my timers show up as set to "All Channels" instead of the specific channel that the show airs on. We usually never set our timers to "all channels" so it seems something has happened. Is there a way to change the channel of a timers without having to delete and re-create it?

Los Angeles spotbeam on 129 still down this morning. If you set a timer for the mapped local channel (2, 4, 7, etc.) would it default to SD if the HD version were not there? I have all of my local broadcast timers set for OTA channels and I know there is no fallback for those.

Duluth, MN HD still down (as is other markets on 129)

as for the timers I had one set for last night and in the guide it didnt show that it would fire....so I set it up manually

Any indication at all from DISH as to when they will have this problem solved? All my HD locals (Pittsburgh, PA) are gone and it's the beginning of the fall premieres!!

it will probably be fixed today still. Scott mentions they need to verify the spotbeams are covering what they're suppose to before re-uplinking HD locals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts