Service Restored to 129 Satellite!

Can you imagine all the installers out there that went to install / service / upgrade systems and could not get 129 in or could not contact Dish Network to activate system? Think of all the people that told the installer to yank it back out that they will call Directv or stick with their current provider and the others having to come back to finish the job.

I'm sure there were many. I remember the guy that spent over an hour and a half at my house for a 10 minute job. I already had the cables for 722k install to the location (OTA, TV2 backfeed, SAT, CAT5, etc). All he was supposed to do was plug it in and activate. But the receiver wouldn't communicate over the CAT5...my other 722 wouldn't either. It was dish's issue, but he sat there on the phone trying to get his communication screen so he could take a picture.

no locals in HD in MN yet. 129 siganl is really weak. Dish chat just responds with we are aware and working on it with no other explanation.
Oh well atleast we got most HD channels back online.

Got everything back except locals in Vegas.
How many other non-sat forums have you seen this 129 failure show up on? There are threads on at least 3 other non-sat related forums I frequent. Pretty amazing.

So does this require a machine reboot or a switch test to get all my channels back?

If you did a switch test last night when 129 was down then yes, you will need to do it again to get it back. If you didn't fool with things trying to fix it then you don't have to fix anything you broke last night.

If you did a switch test last night when 129 was down then yes, you will need to do it again to get it back. If you didn't fool with things trying to fix it then you don't have to fix anything you broke last night.

Unless you clicked "cancel" instead of PROCEED or SAVE at the end of the check switch - if you got a message that said something like fewer satellites were found than you previously had. Correct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)