Service Restored to 129 Satellite!

I have a customer (actually I have 1000's) but I have 1 customer who keeps getting signal loss msg
on HD channels...she called in today, of course, but has this been going on for quite a while on 129?
intermittent loss of signal........

This is the first time I have seen an issue with 129 in a while.

Sorry, HD channels still out. While trying to call up the guide, I got repeated error msgs and went back to the complete signal loss screen. Then the signal acquisition screen came up, it tuned to the HD channel I had been watching, which was blank, and I changed the channel down to the SD channel and it worked. I can now call up the guide. Checking the signal strengths, the system now seems to bypass 129 entirely (before there was a red X on the 129 indicator -- now it's just blank).

May need to run a Check Switch when 129 comes back.

Maybe they should try unplugging the power cord for 30 seconds and replugging?

I wish I could 'like' this about a billion more times. Payback for the annoying first step in any service call to any provider of Internet, pay TV, etc. Yeah, how 'bout you guys try that first before saying it's down? Nice.

I am hearing that Ciel 2 is having some issues and SES Americom is working to fully recover the satellite. I am also hearing that there is no damage to the satellite.

Good luck to the SES Americom Team who is working hard to bring your signal back. :)

Damn - I wasted over a half hour of my time trying everything - power cord pulls, switch checks...

The mind always assumes that it is your own stuff rather than everyone losing signal. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)