Service Restored to 129 Satellite!

Scott Greczkowski said:
Geesh Bob you work in this industry.. Redundant uplinks have nothing to do when there is an issue with the satellite itself, which is the issue we have here.

In addition this satellite is not owned and operated by Echostar / DISH Network, it is leased from SES Americom. DISH is basiclly waiting for SES to get control of the bird, fully check out the bird and before they can reload the satellite back up.

Yes but if there is issues sending commands due to rain at one site they should be able to send commands to another uplink site where there is no rain at that bird!

Or have some sort of fiber link to allow such commands to another location! What happens if that uplink was disabled for some reason! What I'm saying that is that commands should be abled to be issued to any bird from any uplink to keep control of the fleet!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

This is a weird coincidence. I had a live chat on Dish site this morning to have a dish installed on the house I'm moving to. A little later I noticed my locals were gone. I spent a half hour online to try to do a live chat again to see if they goofed up my account some how and deleted my locals. Their web site is so jammed it takes forever to load. A message finally popped up on the live chat window saying HD channels are down and they are aware of the problem. Then I came here and found this thread. Why didn't I just come here in the first place? I'm stoooopid!

You are not stupid - just a slow learner.:D

I remember one time I was working at a rather large unnamed company where there was a massive data center outage once.

There was a big red button surrounded by a plastic case right next to the exit door. Once there was a contractor who was repairing a system and on his way out accidentally lifted the plastic cover and hit the button. Needless to say the red button was the emergency power down switch.

Took hours to get the data center back onlne.

His excuse was that at other data centers he had to hit the button to exit the door.

Maybe Dish hired the same repairman :)

My receiver was set to record something on a local channel, the guide says it's recording, but there's no light on the front of the DVR that says it's actually recording. I wonder if it's related to all this.

Thanks for the info

just found you guys after experiencing signal loss most of the afternoon. been trying to contact Dish but no luck. Thanks for the info. Wish Dish was as proactive in alerting customers as you guys are. I'll be checking back here first before going to Dish.

My receiver was set to record something on a local channel, the guide says it's recording, but there's no light on the front of the DVR that says it's actually recording. I wonder if it's related to all this.

If that local was on 129.... Yep.

Stooopidur :D
I used to do that too. I won't go that far anymore. My wife forbids me to go up there.
And to Pinchhitter, I'm watching Cleveland at Texas right now so that SD channel is ok.

k9sat/bob:

Command and control is probably a relatively low bandwidth requirement.Let's not confuse that with the other c, content. That's much higher bandwidth.

While redundant uplink ability would be nice, we don't know what the problem is with the sat. We also don't know how much slower it is/was because of the rain. If it's 10 or 20 percent, it may not be worth the cost for the perceived benefit.

Sadly, fiber runs aren't cheap and very few have a blank check book.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts