Servo action

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
I have a little issue with my 8Ft mesh dish and the 920. With the 920 off (clock showing) and my SV 8000 set to the PBS HD channel, there are sometimes when the signal will go out, come back, go out, come back, etc. When this happens, all I have to do is turn on the 920. PBS holds and plays great. When this problem is taking place, I can go out to the BUD and listen. I can hear the servo motor activate, pause, activate again, and continue to do this. If I go back in the house and turn on the 920, the servo stops this “flip/flop” action. The big question here would be should the servo motor be doing all this “moving” when the 920 is turned off???
RT.

I'm guessing that the servo is confused by the voltage being sent by both receivers. Even when turned off, these receivers are NOT off.
Yes, aware of them being "on" when they are "off". Interesting idea but, there are separate wires from the 920 to the motor and none from the SV 8000. So even if something was coming out of the receivers in the coax, it should not get to this motor.

RT.

I've read the 920 may be looking for a signal, and causing the hunting.
It's been mentioned on the forum before.
Try the 4D section - those folks will know.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)