Set up wireless internet to DISH RECEIVER

I have a Dlink DIR-655. Doesn't support bridge mode. ( WDS ) My AE is just another wireless device on my network. Not used to extend my wireless network.

Interesting! I have a "g" spec AE. I don't remember if I tried just connecting the Cat 5 to the AE when I first got it. I set it up as a device on my network after I found it needed a router with WDS and have always used it as my iTunes server.

Miner

Yea, I also had a Dish tech tell me I can use the Netgear WNDA3100 v.2 USB Wireless adapter. He claimed they've tested various models, and the WNDA3100 v.2 is the only USB adapter guaranteed to work.

I have that USB device as well. Tried it on my 622's and I still get the un-supported device error. When I go to the Broadband setup menu the wireless setup option is still grayed out. I have L630 software on both of my 622's. Not sure how to get this working?? I called tech support and every one I talk to has no clue about the USB wireless devices and how to set them up. They keep telling me you can not use any wireless USB networking device. It has to be hardwired. ???

I don't know. But through personal experience and posts on this site, it seems best to hook the Dish DVR up to a cheap ( 10 /100 ) hub and connect to the wireless bridge of your choice.

The DVR does not seem to like Gig and it doesn't seem to always like USB connections.

Received an email yesterday for a 48 hour sale on Trendnet 647 Wireless Gaming Adapters for $29 - free delivery. After flashing firmware update, it took less than 15 to set up. Its set up software has a "available networks" feature that lists every available b/g/n network. After picking one it pretty much set itself up.

If you ask me, $30 bucks is cheap compared with 1-3 hours to set one up ad hoc.

Google can find the sale.

I can vouch for this unit, full details at TRENDnet | Products | 300Mbps Wireless N Adapters | TEW-647GA. It was dead simple easy to set up and has worked without so much as a hiccup. And if you can get it for 30 bucks, jump on it as it's worth more.