Setanta Sports to shut off March 1st

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Setanta will still be on the Canadian services (Rogers, Star Choice, Bell?) so I wonder what satellite they get their feed from (C-band I would assume, but from where)?

I have not seen much advertasing what stations will air the world cup matches as of yet, still 4 months away give or take few weeks, but I'm sure Satmex 5 or 6 will have stations showing the games... If not...we'll just have find them, that's the joy of having the equipment we all have in this hobby.

Up here, Radio-Canada (French side of CBC) was saying (at the end of the Impact season) they'd show all the matches... However, it's still not clear to me if that'll be all on the air or part OTA and part on their website.

Another good place to check will be the African channels on 97W Ku. I watched many of the Confederation Cup games on some of those from South Africa. Many in French (which is good for me) :)

Up here, Radio-Canada (French side of CBC) was saying (at the end of the Impact season) they'd show all the matches... However, it's still not clear to me if that'll be all on the air or part OTA and part on their website.

Another good place to check will be the African channels on 97W Ku. I watched many of the Confederation Cup games on some of those from South Africa. Many in French (which is good for me) :)

could you please point out which specific channels those are? there are so many feeds @ 97 that it takes like 30 minutes just to browse that sat thus missing any sport action in the process

The Infinito channel I mentioned above is still showing Setanta sports. I don't know whether it's live or what. It's currently a match between Arsenal and Liverpool if that's of any help. Don't go to that sat often, but it's been soccer each time I go there.
It's a fairly high quality channel too, over 5 mbps video SD.

could you please point out which specific channels those are? there are so many feeds @ 97 that it takes like 30 minutes just to browse that sat thus missing any sport action in the process

John, for the Confederation Cup, I believe it was ORTM or RTS Diaspora.

I watched some games of the French Première Ligue on AlKass (a lot of sport there, though in Arabic - weird to wath a French soccer game with arab commentators) - saw many games from the asian confederation. Also soccer and other sports on Kuweit 3 (teens soccer game right now). And I did caught some soccer games on NTA and Canal Algérie (mostly from their national leagues). Some games in French on Canal Algérie. Everything in English on NTA.

I sure would like some kind of "tv guide" for those channels, though :) .

John, for the Confederation Cup, I believe it was ORTM or RTS Diaspora.

I watched some games of the French Première Ligue on AlKass (a lot of sport there, though in Arabic - weird to wath a French soccer game with arab commentators) - saw many games from the asian confederation. Also soccer and other sports on Kuweit 3 (teens soccer game right now). And I did caught some soccer games on NTA and Canal Algérie (mostly from their national leagues). Some games in French on Canal Algérie. Everything in English on NTA.

I sure would like some kind of "tv guide" for those channels, though :) .

thanks!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)