Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmc98

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 11, 2005
32.750N 97.488W Fort worth Tx
i am in fort worth worth Texas and wanted to know if i set the motor to a latitude of 33 if it will trck the arc correctly 32.7N 97.3W

Last edited:
Signal strength is meaningless, it only means that your LNB is connected to the receiver. Signal QUALITY is what you want to look for, and it varies depending on how powerful the transponder you are tuning is. What constitutes good quality also differs from manufacturer to manufacturer. You'll rarely (if ever) get 100 percent.

I noticed with the newest Merc II software the meter went down

Equity shows like 50% max...is that normal?

The meter's value was decreased to facilitate stronger TP's are often difficult to tune if the meter is being overdriven. Older Firmware will display higher meter reading, so maybe also mention the SW version when comparing Quality readings.

The plus side is channels now are a solid lock with a >30% Signal Quality Reading!:D

got everything partially setup waiting for the tripod i ordered, i have the dish set to a 29.6 elevation as per the table in the dg280b manuel is that the correct elevation or should it be less also do the sadoun dish tripods need to be anchored?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)