Setting up a Primestar Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes, but not at the same time!

Welcome to the satelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

Attachments

• Pict0113.JPG
    Pict0113.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 448
i have put a linear lnb on the prime star dish trying to git g11 here in rush springs oklahoma with pansat 2700a havent got it done yet

Make sure you are using the below angles, then if you think you are close to a satellite try a Blind Scan.

Best way to find a satellite is to enter a LIVE transponder from the satellite and watch a small TV at dish for signal QUALITY only as you slowly move the dish, pausing for 3 seconds every few millimeters.

Code:
                    Rush Springs, OK 73082
          Latitude 34° 46.248'N Longitude 97° 56.586'W

Sat Name Sat Lng Az(t) Az(m)    El  Skew
---------------------------------------------------------------

Galaxy 11   91.0W 167.9 162.1  48.9  -9.9

Galaxy 10R  123.0W 219.3 213.5  41.6  31.4

Satellite Finder is (c) Copyright 2004, P. Lutus

Last edited:
You can also use the LNB that comes with the Primestar dish, although it is rather poor in the noise factor department compared to many of the newer LNBs.

the lnb that came with the prime star has to out puts one v and h do i need to connect them both up and how

Last edited:
V=vertical
H=horizontal

If you want to see all the channels, yes, you do need to hook them both up with a switch. If you only want all the Vs or all the Hs no, you don't need a switch.

If you look over at http://www.lyngsat.com you'll see an H, V, R, or L on most of the channels. H is what is Horizontal, V is vertical. R and L are right and left, for circular polarity. You need another lnb to pick up circular... Invacom's quad will pick up both.... but honestly, HV will get you most of the true FTA stuff. Circular is for DBS satellites, and picking up stuff like NASA, Angel, and the Nimiq radio stations.

sam mudface said:
the lnb that came with the prime star has to out puts one v and h do i need to connect them both up and how

I use a/b switches for all of the Primestar dishes with the 2 coaxials coming from it.

sam mudface said:

you can use a DirecTV 3x4 multiswitch to combine them into 1 so you only need one cable from the dish :)

Last edited:
been out working on this prime star dish got level of 90 quality none diseqc 3

there really isnt much on G11. Couple screens with color bars.

Is there a channel on there you were looking to get?

not much on G11. Next door on IA6 (93W) there are some news feeds and such

G10 (123W) has the most English channels

never did git g10/ku butfound amc 10/c amc 4/ku amc 1/ku amc1 c g11/ku pas 3r/c pas 9/c but no G10/ku have a megasat ms1075 ku band LNBF on a prime star dish with pansat 2700A

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts